F@H

My System Specs

http://www.thedailyblink.com/comics/2011-08-10-189.jpg
Old August 10, 2011, 02:25 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Woot...love that. Monty Python FTW!!!!
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old August 10, 2011, 05:18 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I want to be able to play my single player games without the worry of having many other variables completely out of my control line up. I need Shaw to work, I need the Diablo servers to work, I need my router to work. All of which, with the exception of the Diablo servers but from past experience I'm not holding my breath for, have failed me in the past. I just want it to work.
Yeah that is what I am saying too. I am having a fun time with the Witcher right now as I live in a trailer in a provincial park with no internet. Arbitrarily making me connect to the internet for the sake of DRM would wreck that for me.
Old August 10, 2011, 07:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

wait, how are you on the forum if you have no internet?

Let's face it though, people without internet access (or reliable access) are in a minority in terms of who Blizzard is targeting. People sure showed activision with MW2, I'm sure most of those up in arms over these changes will still buy it.
Old August 11, 2011, 06:56 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post

Let's face it though, people without internet access (or reliable access) are in a minority in terms of who Blizzard is targeting. People sure showed activision with MW2, I'm sure most of those up in arms over these changes will still buy it.
My work computer has internet and after the work day I like to check up on things.
Old August 11, 2011, 07:57 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post

Hey, I didn't buy a single copy of MW2 but I have CoD1 (PC and remake on PS3), CoD2 (PC), had CoD3 (PS3), CoD4 (PC and PS3), WaW (PC and PS3 and 360), and Black Ops (PC). So yeah, def DID NOT buy MW2. LOL Shit I have a lot of CoD, but I am done with CoD unless they can make a really sweet ass come back which I don't think will happen with IW gone (well, everyone that worked on the original CoDs and MW).

Another Diablo Pic

Last edited by headsh0t; August 11, 2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old August 12, 2011, 03:53 AM
Hall Of Fame

I would include any game after MW2 to be in the same mold really. Why people buy them is beyond me.

And lol @ the pic.
Old September 1, 2011, 07:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I think this sounds about right:
Old September 1, 2011, 02:43 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Living in Manitoba I can understand why people are upset about having to have an always on internet connection, as I know a lot of people who are still using dial up.

But I bet somebody at Blizzard looked at the numbers of populations with high speed internet vs populations without internet, or limited high speed internet and those numbers are low enough that Blizzard knows they're still going to make a killing off Diablo 3 even if they only cater to those of us who have access to high speed internet.

Looking back at Diablo 2 though I am happy they have decided to go this route. I remember my first couple play through's of Diablo 2 with my friends and having a great time! But as time progressed more and more people started using hacked items and boting and over time the game became less and less fun to play. If by requiring an always on internet connection discourages this type of play or makes it more difficult than I will fully support it in the future and be glad that Blizzard decided to go this route. On the other hand if you look at whats going on in World of Warcraft this does not seem to prevent any of it from happening at all! I am in support of this model as long as it works, if it does not work than I will change my mind.

I am also in support of being able to sell items you find in the game to other players for real money! Imagine after playing Diablo 3 for a month you manage to sell enough items to pay for your copy of Diablo 3? How sweet is that? I honestly think this is a great idea! It should also help prevent gold farmers and boting from major selling websites, I know they're going to still exist within the game but hopefully this system helps minimize the over all damage that these selling websites can cause to a games economy!

Overall I am excited either way, I just hope it works out in the end!
Old September 6, 2011, 09:58 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

anyone else get an email from blizzard about beta testing?