Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5, 2011, 08:08 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Just my 2 cents but... what sort of PC gamer from almost the year 2012 now doesn't have an always online connection? Yeah I mean if your internet goes out.... that might be annoying.. My connection is on 24/7... But, the Auction house is both gold and real money so who cares? People's choice to buy with real money. I say get both Torchlight 2 and Diablo 3 :)
Old August 5, 2011, 10:28 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This "internet connection required" bullshit is why my father in law can't play a game of Settlers 7 on his laptop.

I installed a version a la Razor1911 and now he can play the game he legally paid for.
Old August 5, 2011, 10:54 AM
F@H

My System Specs

One of many reasons why I never bothered with Command and Conquer 4 was the requirement to have an internet connection at all times, I'm sorry I should be able to play a game I paid for whether I'm connected to the internet or in the middle of no where with no access.
Old August 5, 2011, 02:07 PM
MVP

My System Specs

If your buying the game I don't see anything wrong with getting an offline crack ...
Old August 5, 2011, 05:08 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I'm sure a crack will be out within hours if not then pre-release so you wont have to be online.
Old August 5, 2011, 06:53 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's not the point of being able to get a crack for it. It's the fack you NEED to get a crack to play offline. And then you if you want to play the game online at some point you need to have copies of both exe's and switch them around.

But I mean cmon who here isn't going to buy this game? If you don't like it don't buy it - easy! Vote with your wallet.
Old August 7, 2011, 05:47 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Blizzards response...stumbled across a link today that took me to MTV of all places

Blizzard VP ‘Surprised’ Over Fan Reaction To ‘Diablo 3′ Online Requirements MTV Multiplayer
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old August 7, 2011, 01:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Wow, a lot of people are angry.....
Old August 7, 2011, 08:24 PM
Hall Of Fame

this annoys me with all EA games, especially as es servers really seem to be extremely unreliable, have had them go down all too often for bad company. I shouldn't have to go through ea to play an online game, hope they fix that before battlefield. And don't get me started about having to be online for dragon age or mass effect.

I want to be able to play my single player games without the worry of having many other variables completely out of my control line up. I need Shaw to work, I need the Diablo servers to work, I need my router to work. All of which, with the exception of the Diablo servers but from past experience I'm not holding my breath for, have failed me in the past. I just want it to work.
Old August 8, 2011, 04:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I think the auction house makes sense. It will keep the item prices even throughout gameplay, and keep unauthorized Diablo item stores to a minimum. If someone wants to fork over lots of money to Blizzard for good items, so be it. More cash for them, and the player can customize their character to his liking. I think Blizzard realized that players were getting bored of the leveling up for new build to try in Diablo 2, so having better equipment earlier on should prove useful to keep players interested and get them to duel faster.

As for the "always online" portion, hmm...I don't know what to say. I don't know why they are doing it that way, but I've always played on battle.net. If anything it should keep trainers and crazy items off of Bnet. Remember the ITH swords? Wowza...

I can understand people wanting to play games offline, but personally I only have a select few games that are meant to be SINGLE PLAYER, aka Bullet Candy, HL2, GTA4, etc.