Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2, 2011, 09:49 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

For those of us who exclusively play online, its a non-issue and apparently those are the vast population of people who will buy the game.

(Not to say it isn't an issue of needing always-on DRM, but their target audience is established as ones who always have internet access)
Old August 3, 2011, 07:20 AM
F@H

My System Specs

No more skill points, so other then the name and the back story, how the hell is this Diablo?

‪Diablo 3 - Why Skill Points Were Removed - Jay Wilson Interview‬‏ - YouTube
Old August 3, 2011, 11:27 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
No more skill points, so other then the name and the back story, how the hell is this Diablo?
Complete destruction of the right mouse button?
Old August 3, 2011, 11:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Maybe not even that, I've read elsewhere that there will be no eyefinity/surround support for the game either.
Old August 3, 2011, 05:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Maybe not even that, I've read elsewhere that there will be no eyefinity/surround support for the game either.
Isn't that already the case with starcraft 2?
Old August 3, 2011, 06:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Isn't that already the case with starcraft 2?
Yea but that was to not provide an advantage to players with 3 monitors by being able to see way more land surface on screen, instead of having to scroll the map. This shouldnt really be an issue in an action rpg game, but isn't there still 'fog of war' in Diablo? Which would make eyefinity useless anyways.
Old August 3, 2011, 06:31 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

After watching the video a couple of times, I can understand why skill points were removed. To me, it makes sense and its something that won't affect whether I get the game or not.

Not having multiple monitor is something that won't really affect me either. Not likely to ever run that sort of set up. A single monitor is enough for me.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old August 3, 2011, 09:27 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Yea but that was to not provide an advantage to players with 3 monitors by being able to see way more land surface on screen, instead of having to scroll the map. This shouldnt really be an issue in an action rpg game, but isn't there still 'fog of war' in Diablo? Which would make eyefinity useless anyways.
D2 didn't have a fog of war iirc, well I guess you couldn't see what was on the other side of walls.
Old August 4, 2011, 04:38 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

The always online DRM turns me off. I just want SP. I hate paying for limitations on products. Simple as that. I'll buy Torchlight 2 for sure. Diablo 3... it'll probably be an awesome game, but there are lots of awesome games that will continue to work without a connection, so I'll buy those. :\

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE

Last edited by Thund3rball; August 4, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old August 5, 2011, 12:44 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thund3rball View Post
The always online DRM turns me off. I just want SP. I hate paying for limitations on products. Simple as that. I'll buy Torchlight 2 for sure. Diablo 3... it'll probably be an awesome game, but there are lots of awesome games that will continue to work without a connection, so I'll buy those. :\
Hacked .exe?