Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 26, 2011, 02:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Pre-ordering Deus Ex Human Revolution from Europe?

Hi guys,

As some of you might know, EB games in Canada only allows you to pre-order the "crippled" Augmented Edition of Deus Ex HR, which comes with the Explosive Mission Pack (EMP). You are supposed to get the same pack when you order the regular edition, but EB has decided that it's going to make everyone pay $10 more for the AE, instead. What's worse, this isn't even the same AE that the Euorpeans get - those guys get BOTH the EMP + Tactical Enhancement Pack (TEP). You can pre-order elsewhere, of course, but only Walmart offers the regular edition with the TEP (not EMP), while everywhere else supposedly don't give you anything at all.

I have thus cancelled my pre-order and EB, and will either order the regular edition online from gamestop.ca, or, if possible, the AE from the UK. My question is, has anyone had extensive experience pre-ordering games from Europe, and if so, please provide me with their favourite online stores and also let me know whether or not they ended up paying duty and additional taxes when the games arrived.

Thanks!
Photography/Gaming build: i7-4770K, NH-D14, Z87 Sabertooth, 16GB Ripjaws X, GTX 780 OC DirectCU II 3GB, M500 480GB, Caviar Black 2TB, Dual Red 4TBx2 (RAID 1), XFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold, Graphite Series 600T SE White
HTPC build: i5-750, Hyper 212+, P7P55D Pro, 8GB Ripjaws X, R6970 DirectCU II 2GB, Caviar Black 640GB/2TB, Caviar Green 3TB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, Strider Plus 750W, CM 690 II Advanced
Mobile Media: Asus Transformer Infinity 32GB w/ keyboard dock
Old July 26, 2011, 03:11 PM
Hall Of Fame

maybe try the UK amazon. I have only ever pre ordered games digitally, so I don't have any experience doing it from other countries. Though I would imagine that you may have to pay the equivalent of the tax as customs fee.
Old July 29, 2011, 11:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

*CONFIRMED*
I have been looking for the augmented edition with the tactical enhancement pack in Canadian stores for weeks now with no luck. Here it is! For those of you who want the tactical enhancement pack with the augmented edition, it's available for preorder at Futureshop retailers in Canada! I'm ordering mine tomorrow. Here's the link.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition (PC) : PC Games- C-D - Future Shop

Also includes:
40-page Artbook
Exclusive Bonus DVD: Making Of, Special Trailers, Animated storyboard of CGI trailer and Soundtrack
Premium Packaging
Motion Graphic Novel

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)

Last edited by mo' power; July 29, 2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old July 30, 2011, 10:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's not often I double post, but here's why. I went to futureshop today only to discover that they put the preorder cards up prematurely. This was discovered when I tried to check out. Two supervisors tried to ring in the purchase but no go. The store manager also tried and failed and at that point sent a supervisor off to pull all the preorder cards off the racks. The manager apologized, took my name and number and assured me she would call on Monday or Tuesday as it was assumed that the preorder cards had notyet been entered into their system.

Old August 1, 2011, 02:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

I'm extremely disappointed that it is impossible to get both of the packs, sadly the tong pack is more important to me than a few weapons. Though i would love both packs, its annoying and does feel like I wont be getting the full game.
Old August 1, 2011, 10:49 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by muse108dc View Post
I'm extremely disappointed that it is impossible to get both of the packs, sadly the tong pack is more important to me than a few weapons. Though i would love both packs, its annoying and does feel like I wont be getting the full game.
My thoughts exactly, especially considering that people across the Atlantic could actually get both. If you're in NA, you're stuck with one or the other, AND if you want the Tong mission pack, you have to order the useless AE unless you order online.
Photography/Gaming build: i7-4770K, NH-D14, Z87 Sabertooth, 16GB Ripjaws X, GTX 780 OC DirectCU II 3GB, M500 480GB, Caviar Black 2TB, Dual Red 4TBx2 (RAID 1), XFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold, Graphite Series 600T SE White
HTPC build: i5-750, Hyper 212+, P7P55D Pro, 8GB Ripjaws X, R6970 DirectCU II 2GB, Caviar Black 640GB/2TB, Caviar Green 3TB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, Strider Plus 750W, CM 690 II Advanced
Mobile Media: Asus Transformer Infinity 32GB w/ keyboard dock
Old August 7, 2011, 12:00 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Here's an update. I stopped by futureshop today and discovered that you can't pre-order the augmented edition in-store. It has to be purchased online. Oh well, at least the shipping is free.

Old August 7, 2011, 01:13 AM
MVP

So I haven't been following the pre release info too closely because I want everything to be fresh for when I buy the game. What exactly am I missing out on if I don't pre order? What's this talk of not getting the whole game? Surely if you buy the game you get the whole thing.
Old August 7, 2011, 09:10 PM
Hall Of Fame

if you preorder from certain places you get an additional mission (with a cameo from one of the major characters of the original game) and a explosive weapon or 2. The other pack has a sniper rifle and other stuff. The sniper rifle pack has the better equipment but lacks the mission.

I want everything and everywhere but north America gets everything so that's why we're miffed. And anytime a mission is included in a preorder or collectors I complain as I dislike being forced to pay more or preorder for what I perceive to be the full game. Its really hard to get preorder bonuses after the fact (impossible in most cases)
Old August 7, 2011, 11:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Here's yet another pre-order snafu. The forces that be are determined to not let me get this game. As I have previously stated, you can't pre-order instore at future shop because of uncertain availability. So I went to future shop today (3rd time now) and bought a gift card to do the pre-order online.
I go home, create a future shop account, put the game in basket, and go to the checkout. I enter the gift card number and....FAIL!!!!! The game I'm trying to purchase has an ESRB rating of mature. "Please enter a credit card number to verify that you are of age." It's a frikkin' video game ffs! I don't have a credit card and do not plan on getting one simply to get a few extras.
I'll use the gift card to buy Skyrim for my girlfriend and wait for the store release of deus ex.