Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 22, 2011, 04:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BootlegUsher View Post
Thanks for the responses guys. Something else I haven't really figured out is how to know what ingredients make which potion. When I click on the formulas tab in the journal it shows what formulas I know (willow isn't there), but even then it just shows what catagory of ingrediant to use. It just says something like 2 parts aether and 1 part reubis. There are many ingrediants that are either an aether or a reubis, and I tried just randomly mixing something and it turned out to be poison. When you have all the ingredients for a potion on your list, you can click on it and it shows you then what goes in. Do I need to write it down on paper or what? And how do I figure out how to make willow? I checked that link and it says the book of the wolverine, but that appears to be at a later part of the game. The good news is that I went back to and older save and made myself the blizzard potion, so I have that now too.

Thanks for the help guys, much appreciated.

With the ingredients you can use any ingredient that meets the requirement. So if the potion calls for rebis then anything that has rebis in it will work. So something like allspice root has aether and nigredo in it which means it could be used as an ingredient in any potion that requires either aether or nigredo.

You should check out this page and it should help you out.

The Witcher potions - The Witcher Wiki

Old July 22, 2011, 05:06 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
Nope. Once you read a book with the recipe it shows all the potions/bombs/etc you can make in the potion making screen.

I have a list of potions that I can make, but if I click on one, lets say "blizzard" it discusses what blizzard does, and says 2 parts aether 2 parts ruebis and a high quality alcohol. It does not say 2 parts death dust 2 parts beast fang and white gull. The only time it does is when I already have all of them and I can just click the mix button. If I knew what I needed I could look them up in the ingredients list to see where they come from, then go find it.
Old July 23, 2011, 03:32 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaine View Post
With the ingredients you can use any ingredient that meets the requirement. So if the potion calls for rebis then anything that has rebis in it will work. So something like allspice root has aether and nigredo in it which means it could be used as an ingredient in any potion that requires either aether or nigredo.

You should check out this page and it should help you out.

The Witcher potions - The Witcher Wiki
Thanks for that, it just "clicked" for me that any aether or reubis works. I have now made willow, and I tried fighting the hellhound again but it still stuns me. Maybe whatever the hellhound is doing to me isn't stun, it might be burning or pain, I am still learning the difference. Also, blizzard just seems to slow things down. I am able to dominate the green dogs with blizzard on but when the hellhound stuns me, I have to sit there and watch it bite me three times in slow motion while I can't do anything. Watching that cutscene every time is annoying also.

The battle goes on, thanks for your help guys.
Old July 25, 2011, 09:33 PM
MVP

Default On to new fronts!

So I managed to kill the beast. What worked for me was reading the tips on the witcher wiki that told me the battle starts at midnight, so I mediated until 11PM then drank my potions, this way they were still in effect when the battle started and I didn't need to waste time drinking them while being bitten. Also, the strong style is way more effective, despite what the monster entry in the journal says. Finally, in between the house and the shed there is a spot where the beast can't get you, and I was able to recover stamina and health there.

Thanks for the help everyone, now to take down Salamandra.
Old July 26, 2011, 04:50 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Thats essentially the rest of the game, your obsession and desire to take down Salamandra, you'll face many of their followers and hopefully vanquish them all.
Old August 6, 2011, 10:00 AM
MVP

So the game has been going well, there is only one more thing on my mind. For the longest time I have been wondering when I will get to use more witcher signs besides Aard, so I looked it up on the witcherwiki and apparently the igni sign obelisk thing was in the first chapter. I don't seem to be able to go back and get it. Is there a part where the quarantine lifts and I can go back or did I lose my chance for igni?