Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 21, 2011, 06:45 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Default Preorders for Starwars the old republic are up

Pre-order | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Pretty sure its only going to be available via origin.

Old July 21, 2011, 07:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Got mine in first thing this morning. Thankfully I only ordered the standard edition, received a code, and was accepted in to the early entry. From the anger on the forums, it would seem that the Canadians that order the CE are getting the following email:

"Based on our estimates you are NOT likely to receive the pre-order copy of Star Wars: The Old Republic you requested. "
Old July 21, 2011, 07:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I was originally hopeful for this MMO however now (over the years) my interest has wained more and more. I most likely won't pick it up at all until I hear some reviews/views on the game from people who've been playing it a bit.
Old July 21, 2011, 07:40 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

i ordered the digital collectors edition and it went through fine. it said i WAS likely to get it, and the confirmation code was in my email within minutes

Old July 21, 2011, 07:46 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Am I the only one who has absolutely, positively no interest in this? It doesn't even look remotely good.

Yeah, I know: ooooooo, look at those pretty trailers.....and yet they have absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay or graphics of the game itself.

I also like how people keep falling for the "digital collector's edition". What a scam.
Old July 21, 2011, 08:07 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Just because it holds no value to you, does not make it hold no value to someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Am I the only one who has absolutely, positively no interest in this? It doesn't even look remotely good.

Yeah, I know: ooooooo, look at those pretty trailers.....and yet they have absolutely nothing to do with the gameplay or graphics of the game itself.

I also like how people keep falling for the "digital collector's edition". What a scam.

Old July 21, 2011, 08:27 AM
Top Prospect

if the preorders are happening now.. what is the release date for the game. I just quit wow about 2 months ago and trying to find a game to play
Old July 21, 2011, 08:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

there is no finalized date, my guess is october-december area

Old July 21, 2011, 09:37 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post

I agree that the Collectors Editions offer very little for an aditional $25. But it's all in the interest of the player. If the few in-game extras are worth it to the buyer, then so be it. It's just like people who spend the money on a 2600k vs 2500k, or an 1100t over a 1090t. The value is there for some, but not for others.

I don't think anyone thinks the trailers are even remotely related to in-game graphical content. And if they are, then they deserve to be let down. But an MMO made by Bioware, set in the Star Wars universe has a LOT of appeal across quite a few interest groups. Although, like everything in life, it's all personal choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKW View Post
if the preorders are happening now.. what is the release date for the game. I just quit wow about 2 months ago and trying to find a game to play
Target release is 'Holidays, 2011'. So take that however you want.
Old July 21, 2011, 01:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

this game always annoyed me. I hate mmos but at the same time I really liked the original KOTOR and to a lesser extent the sequel and the simple fact that this is instead of a proper sequel. I dont think I'll be preordering, I'll wait for the reviews but will still, be sad