Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28, 2011, 06:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Everything seems fine now...CPU back at 4.25 Ghz and both 580's at 840 Core 2050 Memory
Running everything Max except 2x AA instead of 4xAA (makes a big difference) 2560 x 1440...both Cards running at 90% usage, Fans at 75% (manual) reach 72C Max....around 80 - 110 FPS....if I bump up to 4xAA will run 45 - 65 FPS.

Played for about an hour or so no Black Screens ;)

Old June 28, 2011, 07:08 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
It's not that simple I'm afraid, can loop both Heaven and latest Futuremark (both DX11), as well AvsP and Metro 33 also DX11.....no issues at all. The Blackscreen issue from what I've found online only effects Multiple GPU Systems, personally I think it's the latest 275.xx nv drivers not playing nice with DX11 and High OC multiple GPUs'

Your talking about ATI Card with Catalyst Drivers, like comparing apples n oranges.
Same here on my setup, everything was stable, (3dmark, Metro, Heaven, etc); it's Fear 3 and Crysis 2 with the DX11 update that helped me find out that my GPU really wasn't stable at the core clock I had set.

Either way, glad to hear you've resolved the issue, it's a pretty good game so far.
Old July 6, 2011, 10:47 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Hey guys....I was just wondering what your personal opinions of the game is so far...as I assume you've been playing it for a while or maybe even finished it. I purchased a retail copy of it last week but it only had 3 product number boxes rather than the usual 5. I tried the product support from steam but it just wouldn't work. I've enjoyed the FEAR seris and was wondering if this one was any good. I've read reviews but would appreciate your "personal" opinions. Thx. B.
Old July 7, 2011, 03:03 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bean Counter View Post
Hey guys....I was just wondering what your personal opinions of the game is so far...as I assume you've been playing it for a while or maybe even finished it. I purchased a retail copy of it last week but it only had 3 product number boxes rather than the usual 5. I tried the product support from steam but it just wouldn't work. I've enjoyed the FEAR seris and was wondering if this one was any good. I've read reviews but would appreciate your "personal" opinions. Thx. B.
IMO, nothing like the previous 2. This one has no "scare" factor really. Either that, or I'm entirely desensitized now (but I don't think so). It reeks of console port, graphics are subpar and the mouse sensitivity by default is insane (at least at 3500DPI) compared to other FPS's.
Old July 8, 2011, 02:37 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
IMO, nothing like the previous 2. This one has no "scare" factor really. Either that, or I'm entirely desensitized now (but I don't think so). It reeks of console port, graphics are subpar and the mouse sensitivity by default is insane (at least at 3500DPI) compared to other FPS's.
Thx for the heads up JD
Old July 8, 2011, 09:11 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

It does get scary later on in the game I found, but ya, the graphics are definitely nothing spectacular.
No issues running this game maxed out at 1920x1200 on my single radeon 6950, doesn't even tax the GPU at 100%.
But, I am enjoying it so far, it's not a bad game by any means, but I never did play the previous Fears.
Old July 8, 2011, 02:46 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
But, I am enjoying it so far, it's not a bad game by any means, but I never did play the previous Fears.
I'd suggest you play then when you have a chance. They are much better, and if you play with the volume fairly loud, you'll definitely raise some hairs
Old August 11, 2011, 02:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
....so right....I finally threw it on the other day and it was a total disappointment.