Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 24, 2011, 08:02 PM
Allstar
F@H

Default Halo Chronicles: The Complete Halo Experience

Ever wondered what the Halo games were about? Don't own an xbox, or only just wanted to experience the story?

I present to you, the Halo Chronicles. Every Halo game 'converted' into watchable form. Enjoy the story from the comfort of right there.

This is just something I've wanted to do, so I went ahead and did it.

SEASON 1: Halo Combat Evolved

Halo Chronicles S01E01: The Pillar of Autumn
Halo Chronicles S01E02: Halo
Halo Chronicles S01E03: Truth and Reconcilliation
Halo Chronicles S01E04: The Silent Cartographer
Halo Chronicles S01E05: Assault on the Control Room
Halo Chronicles S01E06: 343 Guilty Spark
Halo Chronicles S01E07: The Libary Part 1
Halo Chronicles S01E08: The Libary Part 2
Halo Chronicles S01E09: Two Betrayals Part 1
Halo Chronicles S01E10: Two Betrayals Part 2
Halo Chronicles S01E11: Keyes
Halo Chronicles S01E12: The Maw

SEASON 2: Halo 2

Halo Chronicles S02E01: Cairo Station
Halo Chronicles S02E02: Outskirts
Halo Chronicles S02E03: Metropolis
Halo Chronicles S02E04: The Arbiter
Halo Chronicles S02E05: Oracle
Halo Chronicles S02E06: Delta Halo
Halo Chronicles S02E07: Regret
Halo Chronicles S02E08: Sacred Icon
Halo Chronicles S02E09: Quarantine Zone
Halo Chronicles S02E10: Gravemind
Halo Chronicles S02E11: Uprising
Halo Chronicles S02E12: High Charity
Halo Chronicles S02E13: The Great Journey

SEASON 3: Halo 3

Halo Chronicles S03E01: Sierra 117
Halo Chronicles S03E02: Crow's Nest

Adding 'em as I make/record 'em.

SEASON GUIDE
Quote:
Season 1: Halo Combat Evolved
Season 2: Halo 2
Season 3: Halo 3
Season 4: Halo 3 ODST
Season 5: Halo Wars
Season 6: Halo Reach
Quote:
NOTES:
In S01E12: The Maw, the ending of the credits is clipped (for no reason whatsoever), and a cut of one of my deaths inexplicably took the 20 odd seconds before it out as well, accidentally cutting out Foehammer's epic crash scene. Windows Movie Maker fail. I'll do a recut soon and fix this issue.
RAM : 4GB DDR2 800MHz (OCZ Platinum)
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)
GFX : HD4850 (512MB)
PSU : 610W PC Power Silencer
MoBo: Asus P5Q SE
View : Acer H213H 21.5" @ 1920 x 1080

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

I am a Level/Game Designer! http://mikeseguin.webs.com/

Last edited by Mr. Gruntsworthy; June 28, 2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old June 25, 2011, 02:03 AM
Hall Of Fame

honestly I've only played the PC version of 2 I think and didnt really catch my attention. Xbox users run and screen at me saying that this is the greatest game ever but I never saw it
Old June 25, 2011, 11:56 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Halo was an amazing game when it came out.
It had an epic story with great gameplay.

Halo 2 didn't quite capture my attention, so I would say you need to go back and play Halo to find out what those Xbox users were talking about.
Old June 25, 2011, 12:28 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I haven't really played them but I watched my nephew grow up with these. I'd have to say Halo 1 really did up the level of FPS on consoles and introduced it to a whole new set of people. Like it or not it is pretty significant.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 25, 2011, 12:45 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Halo 1 was an amazing FPS game and helped push the FPS along on consoles, just how Goldeneye helped it earlier on. That said the rest of the gameplay/campaigns of the other games slowly began falling shorter and shorter. Halo 2 was alright but had an incomplete story line, Halo 3 seemed to just decide to jump out of no where and finished the fight. The extra ones were mainly money grabs adding nothing real to the story of the series. I used to be a big Halo fan, but after Halo 3 and the major focus on multiplayer I gave up on the series. Glad to see the fight was not finished as Microsoft wants to milk the series for another illogical trilogy.
Old June 25, 2011, 02:51 PM
Allstar
F@H

I'd hardly call it illogical, or milking. Call of Duty has annual releases, and Halo comes out, what? Every three years for a main release?

As well, for me, Halo 2 was my favorite story of the series. The Arbiter was a badass.

It's all a matter of opinion--and to claim one's own opinion as superior--or even worse, fact--is pure ignorance.
HDD : Main: 120GB SSD SATA2 (OCZ) Storage: 3TB SATA2 (WD Green) Backup: 500GB External USB (Hitatchi)

Oshawa Deathmatch Community -- An open group for Durham/Toronto Airsoft, Paintball, and Nerf players. Come join!

Old June 25, 2011, 03:14 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

campaign-wise, I'd say halo was my favorite campaign. It was amazing when it first came out. Multi-player, I'd say halo 2 was my favorite. However, I used to play it with a bunch of people i met in the game, so that helped make it for me. I am still excited for the new ones to come out. I've bought every single halo fps game, and I will continue to do so.
Old June 25, 2011, 03:50 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Gruntsworthy View Post
I'd hardly call it illogical, or milking. Call of Duty has annual releases, and Halo comes out, what? Every three years for a main release?

As well, for me, Halo 2 was my favorite story of the series. The Arbiter was a badass.

It's all a matter of opinion--and to claim one's own opinion as superior--or even worse, fact--is pure ignorance.
I never claimed my opinion superior then anyone else, I just said personally I have slowly lost interest/creditablity in the franchise. I also never said what CoD does is right, look at its own decline as well.

What exactly is left for MC to fight out there really other then more flood? I know the galaxy is big and all but i'm pretty sure the humans or Covenant would have ran into any other life form other then potentially the Fore Runners whom the humans are suppose to be related to (descendants perhaps?)

Halo 2 campaign was good, it just didn't feel like a complete campaign.

Halo Reach essentially is jumping backwards to go forwards, the Halo RTS game was rather weak in my oppinion, and Halo 3 ODST made the marines onto the same level of gear/skill as MC (why have the Spartan II project anyways then?)

I'm looking forward to the remastering of Halo 1 to the 360 for updated graphics and such, however I hope they don't screw around with mainly the campaign (as most MP maps are indeed too small now for big team games).

I guess I have a love/hate with the series I originally adored, I guess i should give Halo 4 some chance, but Reach/ODST/Halo Wars are all addon crap to me
Old June 25, 2011, 05:35 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I've played them all but Reach and Wars. Wars I'll never play and Reach I just haven't gotten around to yet. Honestly, I've enjoyed them all. I thought I would be disappointed by ODST but it's extremely polished and it felt like a fresh experience to me. I'm going only by the single-player.
Old June 28, 2011, 09:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

In any case, I just thought i'd make the story of the games accessible to anyone who wants to watch 'em.