Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2011, 08:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Gee whiz EA, at least when Games for Windows Live had its marketplace revamped, they bothered to change the website. Origin looks and seems exactly the same as its predecessor.
Old June 16, 2011, 04:00 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanboy View Post
It will not be exclusive to Origin, but Steam doesnít want a game that not exclusive to them, unless Crysis 2 was an exception or EA don't tell everything about what happen. From the facts Origins advertise some game that will be exclusive to them, thatís not something to please Steam.
With the exception of valve games, which games are exclusive to steam? Crysis 2 was removed supposedly due to something Crytek did (though Crisis and Warhead are still available).
Old June 16, 2011, 04:25 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I never had any issues the limited amount of times i used EADM, dunno what the big deal is
Old June 16, 2011, 02:59 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I have just over a 100 games on Steam, And I haven't use any other downloadable service and I don't plan on changing that anytime soon.

Because of Steam i was able to convince friends who normally wouldn't pay for games to start getting them on sale on Steam and build a collection.

My gut tells me that if BF3 isn't available on Steam those friends will be finding it other ways, sigh.
Old June 17, 2011, 04:52 AM
MVP

My System Specs

EADM isn't bad, I particularly enjoyed it during the Burnout: Paradise exploit (missed out of the Dragon Age: Origins exploit, which was a shame). I would miss running the game with the Steam overlay, but there are usually ways around that as well.
Old June 18, 2011, 05:42 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't like EADM but what angers me is the 3 download limit. That is the worst garbage ever. I will not buy any game off of origin and instead buy a box copy if it is exclusive to origin. This sucks.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 18, 2011, 06:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

If the Alice game is Alice Madness Returns it is available on steam.
Old June 18, 2011, 08:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes Alice returned to Steam. Why it and Crysis 2 were removed, and why Alice was returned but not Crysis 2... all still a mystery. :\

EDIT:

Great article on the Origin vs Steam situation and I agree with it 100%. In fact I said it earlier... each publisher using their own digital service to sell there own titles to the public exclusively would be an effing nightmare.

Origin of War Article - PC - Page 1 | Eurogamer.net

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE

Last edited by Thund3rball; June 18, 2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old June 18, 2011, 10:12 PM
Hall Of Fame

I'm waiting for clarification on this, I am quite annoyed Crysis2 got removed before I got a chance to buy it.

But I do not want to have a "platform" war, I want to be able to buy and manage my games through steam no matter who makes them. I dont see myself using origin/ea Download manager, Impusle probrably had the best chance and I only ever used it for Demigod which I ended up never playing
Old June 18, 2011, 10:48 PM

Here's something interesting to share with you guys... My Steam copy of Crysis 2 stopped working a little while ago. Something about not having any more activations. I'm waiting to hear back from EA support (can't even find a link to send a question to useless Valve support), but basically the live chat operator said "we don't know how to add more activations..."

For faster (and official) NCIX service please contact our customer care team at www.NCIX.com (Canada) or www.NCIXUS.com (USA)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647