Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 15, 2011, 01:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Sorry if i am a little naive, WTF is Origin? Is that the EA Store or something even more obsecure?
it's a service similar to Steam own by EA , now the question is are we gone have to activate BF3 on origin ?
Old June 15, 2011, 01:41 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Most likely. I'm assuming BF3 is going to be Origin only.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 15, 2011, 01:57 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Ah, then I've used them already when i pre-ordered/downloaded/installed DA2 when they had that pre-order special and there was no news of it coming out for Steam. Personally I have no problems with multiple places to legally buy online digital copies of games just as long as I don't have to use plastic discs anymore.
Old June 15, 2011, 02:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
Most likely. I'm assuming BF3 is going to be Origin only.
And this is what I said when Origins was first released and you all said it would never happen. Doubters.

Big fat "I told you so"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 15, 2011, 02:59 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
And this is what I said when Origins was first released and you all said it would never happen. Doubters.

Big fat "I told you so"
But... this removal is due to Valve. Not EA.

EA would know that limiting BF3 from the largest PC Gaming service would cost them a lot of money.
Old June 15, 2011, 03:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokkRokken View Post
But... this removal is due to Valve. Not EA.

EA would know that limiting BF3 from the largest PC Gaming service would cost them a lot of money.
Just like how Steam has had BF2142 for over a month according to Baza but it still isnt on steam? There is obviously something going on between Steam and EA, Crysis being removed just confirms it to me.
I'll say it again if it does come to Steam it wont in the first 6 months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 15, 2011, 03:19 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Ah, then I've used them already when i pre-ordered/downloaded/installed DA2 when they had that pre-order special and there was no news of it coming out for Steam. Personally I have no problems with multiple places to legally buy online digital copies of games just as long as I don't have to use plastic discs anymore.
While I would normally agree with that, I don't think publishers flogging their own games on their own digital services, each with their own TOS and BS, is really going to benefit anyone sans the Publisher.

For instance on Origin you have a 3 download limit. And if your download is interrupted, it still counts as a download. And given EA's track record of extremely poor support for their digital services, I am not jumping on this wagon anytime soon, if at all. Anything that is an Origin exclusive will not be getting my $$.

Why would I want to pay for an EA game from EA on an inferior and redundant service? Makes no sense except to some marketing VP(s) and the bean counters. Imagine if they all started doing this and you HAD to use proprietary services for the games you want. What an effing nightmare.

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old June 15, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well in the release for Origin they only said Star Wars: the Old Republic would be exclusive at launch, no other games were mentioned.
Old June 15, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

EA thinks they have the next WoW on their hands with the upcoming Star Bores mmo (and thus want to lock in the profits before it lands)....when it flops (as it most likely will) they will pull their heads out of their arse and things will go back to normal. HOPEFULLY, this happens before BF3 lands as having to use it to play...will SUCK.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 15, 2011, 05:58 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I want everything to be available on Steam, since that's the one I've focused on. I'll be seriously pissed off if Steam is limiting my choices because games are available elsewhere.

I mean..... I'm already using Steam, why would I leave? If I have to leave to get BF3.... then Steam has lost? WTF.