Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   What BC2 Servers do you play? (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/44203-what-bc2-servers-do-you-play.html)

Keywork June 15, 2011 11:42 AM

What BC2 Servers do you play?

I tried searching the forums but didn't come up with much. Is there a server that a bunch of you guys play consistently or whatever? Post em up!

GregH June 16, 2011 08:50 AM

I'm usually on Professional noob assault (non-HC, Rush server) under Shifty76

bob saget June 16, 2011 10:52 AM

any west coast non-HC rush servers...

Socrates_Johnston June 16, 2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregH (Post 525143)
I'm usually on Professional noob assault (non-HC, Rush server) under Shifty76

that's a good server... gets full quickly tho

I play as GH0STFACEKILLAH

(the 'O' is a zero)

GregH June 16, 2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Socrates_Johnston (Post 525205)
that's a good server... gets full quickly tho

I play as GH0STFACEKILLAH

(the 'O' is a zero)

I'll have to keep an eye out for you there...name does seem familiar.

blaze_125 June 16, 2011 11:49 AM

I like most of the [SOC] Conquest servers.
Quick respawn, decent amount of tickets, and decent crowd.

Keywork June 16, 2011 12:44 PM

What's with the Hardcore mode hate here? lol. It's all I can play now...

blaze_125 June 16, 2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keywork (Post 525251)
What's with the Hardcore mode hate here? lol. It's all I can play now...

Other than the turned off options, what's the difference between hardcore and regular? Does it take more hits to get a frag? Or is it "hardcore" just because you have less stuff to rely on to spot an enemy?

AkG June 16, 2011 01:24 PM

LESS hits to kill. No kill cam, no cross hairs, no minimap.

Its the only way I play anymore.

I kinda like the beer_me (I think thats how you spell it) servers. Mature peeps, no aimbots, no hackers....and IF someone does...the game stops and both sides just frag their ass till they either get kicked or go away. :)~

Jebusman June 17, 2011 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blaze_125 (Post 525260)
Other than the turned off options, what's the difference between hardcore and regular? Does it take more hits to get a frag? Or is it "hardcore" just because you have less stuff to rely on to spot an enemy?

It takes less hits to get a frag. Shotguns (aside from the Saiga 40K) become instant or near-instant kill weapons at point blank to short range with the right loadout, the M92 sniper rifle with 4X scope becomes absolutely insane with it's one shot potential and stupid high accuracy (at least, before they lowered the damage on it at mid range). Submachineguns become EXTREMELY overpowered thanks to the extremely high fire rate.

My personal favorite was to use slugs with the 870 Combat Shotgun, and actually snipe people across the map with it due to the stupid damage it did + the pinpoint accuracy of slugs.. I was so upset when they fixed that. The Saiga 40K, being a semiautomatic shotgun, came in at a close second.

It also (in pure Hardcore servers) turns off just about every indicator you have. No minimap, no radar, no indication of health or armor when in vehicles, no crosshair (except for scoping), etc.