Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17, 2011, 05:33 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

ZGaming server. Map>Oasis, Mode>conquest, Difficulty>hardcore 500 tickets. Ping from midwestern Alberta is about ~75. Sometimes it's great. Other times, not so much. My favorite map and mode. Not too many servers like that. Makes it tough to find a good match sometimes though.
Old June 17, 2011, 06:21 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah Z is hit and miss. Was on it the other day and had TWO aimbot hackers and no mod to kick them. Maybe it was just the time of day or something but I was not happy and left pretty quickly.
I dont get cheating at an online game. Reall takes a limp noodle peep do to that....let alone pay for the hacks program to do it.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 17, 2011, 06:53 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Yeah Z is hit and miss. Was on it the other day and had TWO aimbot hackers and no mod to kick them. Maybe it was just the time of day or something but I was not happy and left pretty quickly.
I dont get cheating at an online game. Reall takes a limp noodle peep do to that....let alone pay for the hacks program to do it.
the only purpose I can see to cheating in a game like BC2 would be to level your character quickly so that you can unlock better equipment.

Personally, I think cheaters should be publicly lashed.
Old June 17, 2011, 07:16 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socrates_Johnston View Post
the only purpose I can see to cheating in a game like BC2 would be to level your character quickly so that you can unlock better equipment.

Personally, I think cheaters should be publicly lashed.
Most do it to troll, and only to troll.

Personally I enjoy getting on servers that enforce strict "no swearing" or "no insulting comments" rules and see how many dirty things I can type before I get kicked off.
Old June 17, 2011, 07:54 AM

Funny when Im in the mood to be a griefer...I use sniper + extra power explosions + extra mortar strikes...and call in strikes ONLY on my own team and their tanks. THATS how to troll. :P

Or sneak up on teammates and knife em in the back....that works great too. :P

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 17, 2011, 07:58 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Funny when Im in the mood to be a griefer...I use sniper + extra power explosions + extra mortar strikes...and call in strikes ONLY on my own team and their tanks. THATS how to troll. :P

Or sneak up on teammates and knife em in the back....that works great too. :P
You sound like quite the arsehole AKG

Tk'ers ruin a match for everyone. I can't say i've run into many hackers over the last couple weeks/months though.
Old June 17, 2011, 08:07 AM

Well...tbh...I am an asshole. :)~

Seriously though, Ive done most everything else. Played at sniping (which is lame and so un-realistic...and yes I shoot in RL) at long range only. Only counter sniping. Assault wookie. Ugg the Assaulter. A Medic who only hands out med packs (which is what a medic is SUPPOSED to do), and everything else including playing it "serious". So greifing got me an extra 15hours of entertainment out of it.

Right now Im back to only shooting other snipers (even if someone is shooting at me I dont shoot back unless he is a sniper) and having fun. My K/D sucks...but I never have given two shits about that.

EDIT:
WHen that gets boring...maybe I will try TK knife rampages again

Old June 17, 2011, 09:43 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Funny when Im in the mood to be a griefer...I use sniper + extra power explosions + extra mortar strikes...and call in strikes ONLY on my own team and their tanks.
I have no idea what you're talking about (the bolded part)
Does the extra explosion damage perk even work with mortars?

If I get particularly annoyed at the idiot snipers on my team I'll fire smoke grenades at them to obscure their vision or turn them into Christmas trees with the tracer gun., but I have yet to resort to teamkilling.
Old June 17, 2011, 01:30 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

ultimaone

i play hard-core squad death match

and the shot gun is still dumb...you get a crosshair...just put it on the target and fire

also in hardcore you do not auto heal
Old June 20, 2011, 12:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
BC2 is really only fun with private servers and players that give a damn. I can't wait till I hit lvl 50 and hang up my guns. Not going to do BF3 either. Same crap different pile methinks.