Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 14, 2011, 11:24 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
There's so much time you spend NOT shooting a gun I thought I was going to fall asleep.

The demo really does not do the full game justice, and not in a good way either.

Oh, and just fyi, Duke Nukem was never known for stupid humor and fun, it was known because it was a good game that HAD stupid humor and fun IN IT.

Duke Nukem Forever shoves the sex jokes down your throat (see what I did there).
Actually, DN3D was at its core a FUN game. It was only a mediocre at best shooter and mediocre puzzler, but it was FUN. There was actual enjoyment in playing it. Compare and contrast that old fun game with this POS. The graphics are bad, ok I expected them to be. BUT it looks rushed and feels more like a bad port than a true PC game. This is liveable with as it is an old game...BUT the mechanics are crap. Regen health? WTF, this aint Modern Warfail. AND they do a piss poor job of it to boot. Driving mechanics also blows, the controls are clunky and just plain meh. The guns...boring. The humour, is repetitive. With the exception of Duke himself the voice acting is terrible. Overall the mini games (which to be honest suck) are more fun than playing the game.

Peeps are better off downloading the High Res pack mod for DN3D, as that makes an older game even more fun with better eye candy than paying for this POS. What a waste of 30 bucks. Last gearbox game I pre-oder thats for sure.

This is destined to be a 5 dollar game within 6mths on steam.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 14, 2011, 11:47 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Actually, DN3D was at its core a FUN game. It was only a mediocre at best shooter and mediocre puzzler, but it was FUN. There was actual enjoyment in playing it. Compare and contrast that old fun game with this POS. The graphics are bad, ok I expected them to be. BUT it looks rushed and feels more like a bad port than a true PC game. This is liveable with as it is an old game...BUT the mechanics are crap. Regen health? WTF, this aint Modern Warfail. AND they do a piss poor job of it to boot. Driving mechanics also blows, the controls are clunky and just plain meh. The guns...boring. The humour, is repetitive. With the exception of Duke himself the voice acting is terrible. Overall the mini games (which to be honest suck) are more fun than playing the game.

Peeps are better off downloading the High Res pack mod for DN3D, as that makes an older game even more fun with better eye candy than paying for this POS. What a waste of 30 bucks. Last gearbox game I pre-oder thats for sure.

This is destined to be a 5 dollar game within 6mths on steam.
Your making baby jesus cry :(
Old June 14, 2011, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
Your making baby jesus cry :(
This game makes blender baby jesus cry...and he has no eyes.

THATS how bad and boring it is. Seriously after an hour and half of being bored to tears shooting and driving and all round doing dumb shite...I have given up. I'm hoping that the mod community will come to the rescue and make something of this shite sandwich I purchased. I doubt it as the core mechanics will need an overhaul...but MAYBE with some new maps that dont suck and a mod to give us more weapons (that dont suck)...maybe something can be salvaged.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old June 14, 2011, 11:54 AM
MVP

My System Specs

if the Steam version is destined to be $5, I can't imagine how little the console versions will be worth.
Old June 14, 2011, 12:16 PM
Banned
F@H

woah,you guys found it that bad?

hmm...time to give it a go i guesstimate
Old June 14, 2011, 12:31 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Honestly, if you want mindless fun, Bulletstorm and the Serious Sam games are pretty good.
Old June 14, 2011, 12:44 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
Honestly, if you want mindless fun, Bulletstorm and the Serious Sam games are pretty good.
Good points. After reading this now I've really got my eye on Bulletstorm. I thought the DNF demo was pretty bad, you just solidified my opinion on the rest, and saved me a few bucks, at least until it does hit bargain prices. Even then, I wonder if it's worth my precious gaming time?
Old June 14, 2011, 01:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Well at least we can throw this back onto the Gaming Community's Longest Running joke leaderboard of games...
Old June 14, 2011, 03:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I told you all in the other thread didn't I! I could tell it was gonna suxor, which sucks cause I was looking forward to a new duke game. I hear the multiplayer is alright. Anyone try that out yet?
Old June 14, 2011, 05:40 PM

Its bad too. Did a online game...it was like TF2 meets CoD, in that its kinda sorta team based capture the babe (flag)...but its meh w/ everyone going for themselves and the level ups.