Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2011, 08:27 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpd1983 View Post
Here's my take on it,

The Battlefield series will always, always be better than CoD for multiplayer. It's just far superior in all arenas.

The CoD single player however is NOT as bad as everyone makes it out to be, I actually enjoy the Cod single player campaigns, they aren't bad at all when you want a break from multiplayer.

I will be buying Battlefield 3 for all my multiplayer as I have played them all since day 1. I will also buy MW3 for the campaign when it drops in price.

I can never see the logic in jumping on the hate band wagon just to deprive myself of playing 2 good games, one is just better than the other.

Cheers
I beg to differ, I think COD4 tops most in multiplayer. Hell I still play it on my mac!

17" Macbook Pro (early 2011 model)
2.2Ghz i7-2720QM | 8GB Corsair DDR3 1333Mhz | 750gb Toshiba HDD | ATI 6750M 1GB
Old June 6, 2011, 09:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToXic View Post
I beg to differ, I think COD4 tops most in multiplayer. Hell I still play it on my mac!
That's fair enough, if you enjoy CoD 4 multiplayer more than you're totally in the right to your opinion

CoD 4 was probably the best of series.

Really don't see MW3 being better than BF3 tho, not even close by what we've seen so far.

Cheers
Old June 6, 2011, 11:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

cod 1 - actually had kick to the guns.

cod 2 - less kick and easier to hit targets

cod 4 (mw) - even less kick. more ammo in guns, perks introduced, set kill streaks

cod 5 (waw)- was cod 4 modded for ww2. bit harder cause of the smaller ammo mags

cod 6 (mw2) - tried evening out perks, added in changeable kill streaks - nuke - hard to get, but game ender and hackers delight. dedicated servers are removed. gameplay is hosted off "best" computer. player leaves, game will readjust and pick the next best host. not always correct on picking best host..however playing with your friends on one team, is now easy

cod 7 (BO) - cod 6 modded - evened out the perks and killstreaks. dedicated servers. however playing with your friends on the same team no longer happens. auto-balanced as people connect to server. sniper rifle is no longer 1 shot kill in most cases and does not aim where you were
looking at, when doing snap view. reduces the effect of snipers doing snap kills (cause unscoped shots did less damage...why i'll never understand)

if mw3 is the same engine as mw2. i'll be very unimpressed. still liking what i see with BF3 more
Old June 7, 2011, 04:19 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DokkRokken View Post
There must be some redeeming quality? If it was as bad as people made it out to be, would it not sell? I've never played CoD, so I'm unaware of how good/bad things used to be.
Its kinda how the Halo franchise has turned into after the "original trilogy", they just keep making more games with lackluster single player campaigns, with essentially the same multiplayer gameplay with one or two little tweaks or aspects stolen from another successful multiplayer, repackage it and people buy it up.

When it comes to CoD and Halo fans, they can be consider the same type of people as Apple Fanboys really.
Old June 7, 2011, 04:45 AM
Fallen Folder
F@H

My System Specs

Old June 7, 2011, 07:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
LOL

That was the best thing I have seen all day.

Old June 8, 2011, 01:44 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I really like the graphics and explosions in MW3. I'm already planning on getting this game just for the Single-player portion of the game.
Old June 8, 2011, 05:53 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by grifter11 View Post
I really like the graphics and explosions in MW3. I'm already planning on getting this game just for the Single-player portion of the game.
Barely anyone plays COD for single player anymore. Just like I'd estimate maybe 150% (that's right, 150%) of Halo 3 players never even played the first level in the Campaign, I'd say about 80-90% of COD players never touched the offline portion at all.

I enjoyed COD4's story to a point, but there's only so much "super serious war drama" I can take before it all becomes the same.
Old June 8, 2011, 06:17 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Thats the only thing that I'd say CoD4 and MW2 had going for it was I was a half decent story line (though MW2 was rather short). Don't get me about the disappointment that is the Halo franchise, Halo 1 was a great single player but after that ti seemed 2 and 3 were essentially 1 campaign with several plot holes pushed out mainly to get people to play their multiplayer (as per what CoD is doing since CoD4 imo)