Hardware Canucks

Hardware Canucks (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/)
-   Gaming (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/)
-   -   Free Black Ops Weekend (http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum/gaming/43833-free-black-ops-weekend.html)

bob saget June 1, 2011 10:15 PM

Free Black Ops Weekend

News - Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops - Free Weekend Coming, Pre-load Now!

Quote:

Activision will be hosting a Free Weekend for Call of DutyŽ: Black Ops! Pre-load the game now and be ready to play when the free weekend starts on Thursday, June 2nd at 10am Pacific Time.

CTA June 1, 2011 11:37 PM

for one day?

YukonTrooper June 1, 2011 11:48 PM

I wouldn't play that garbage even if they paid me. :haha:

On2wheels June 2, 2011 03:59 AM

Did they do this once before or was it MW2 that i recall playing?

bob saget June 2, 2011 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YukonTrooper (Post 520356)
I wouldn't play that garbage even if they paid me. :haha:

i wouldn't either, but i guess i WOULD play it for free.

On2wheels June 2, 2011 04:24 PM

Played a few maps tonight. Is this a ripoff of HL2 deathmatch or am i missing something more? I can't believe they charge 59$ for this.

Coffaholic June 2, 2011 07:31 PM

Ive never played the MP so i figured i would download it and give it a shot. This way i will know how much better BC2 is :P

On2wheels June 2, 2011 07:43 PM

It's almost incorrect to compare this to BFBC2, and all the bickering over the media between these two really isn't justified. Now that I've actually played BO, I can say it's a totally different mechanic than BF games and is marketed to a different demographic. I'ts really the old adage of 'to each his own', because I can see the positives on both sides now. Yes COD is a quick pick up and play type, and BFBC or even BF2 requires you to dedicate some time to a match to see who wins. Plain and simple, one or the other won't be your cup of tea, and there's nothing wrong with that. This free weekend saved me $40.

Lanboy June 2, 2011 07:46 PM

I can't ear anymore the annoying voice in Black OP

bob saget June 2, 2011 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by On2wheels (Post 520663)
It's almost incorrect to compare this to BFBC2, and all the bickering over the media between these two really isn't justified. Now that I've actually played BO, I can say it's a totally different mechanic than BF games and is marketed to a different demographic. I'ts really the old adage of 'to each his own', because I can see the positives on both sides now. Yes COD is a quick pick up and play type, and BFBC or even BF2 requires you to dedicate some time to a match to see who wins. Plain and simple, one or the other won't be your cup of tea, and there's nothing wrong with that. This free weekend saved me $40.

i understand where you got that from, and you are right inna way, but now, i will ask you if you played cod4, because cod4 is an AWESOME *pure* MP shooter. Every cod since than has been too busy with themselves. Horrid maps, horrid kill streaks, gameplay that encourages camping...