Old May 30, 2011, 08:45 PM
Banned

Default other great news from COD

Someone read this S...... they come back again with their monthly fees

"There's money to be made there,"

'Call of Duty' Targets a Monthly Fee - WSJ.com
Old May 30, 2011, 09:29 PM
Rookie

Just another reason why I jumped ship after that atrocity they called MW2. And we wont even mention Black Ops. I remmeber reading about a year ago in the Xbox Magazine that they'd never introduce pay to play... Guess they forgot.
There was an amusing poll on Facebook where they ask you from a list of 3 choices which is the Elite French SpecOps, and the 'correct answer' is incorrect(And doesn't even exist as an acronym).

Been a Battlefield player for years, it saddens me that a better game is less popular due to the fact that CoD has such a big hype. I got BF3 for $45, wont be looking at MW3 for a second. Might *borrow* it for Single player...
Old May 31, 2011, 05:48 AM
Allstar

Where did you get bf3 for $45, d2d?
Old May 31, 2011, 05:49 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Good thing I never play these games online, Activision can suck it.
BF3 looks like a way better game anyway.
Old May 31, 2011, 06:00 AM
F@H

My System Specs

All the more reason why the Franchise has turned into the cash cow that is most FPS games. Look at what happened to Halo and their "trilogy of games." Now that bungie is done with them (supposedly) Microsoft still owns the rights, watch for more crap being spewed out for the sake of profits. Makes me glad EPIC is guaranteeing us Gears will only be a trilogy and will move onto something else once its over.
Old May 31, 2011, 07:28 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

every MW after the original should have simply been on addon pack for $10-$15. Yet, they always re-bundle it as a new title and the kids eat it up.
Old May 31, 2011, 07:38 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
Where did you get bf3 for $45, d2d?
yup, thats how I did it. Was able to stack a 15% off coupon on top of a 10% off one..so it actually was a bit better than 25% (and a touch less than 45...iirc it was like $43). Got to love D2D.

As for Infit Ward and MW3...meh. IF they released the game for 15 bucks (or less) than yeah go for it, but I doubt even many fanobis will be willing to plunk down 60 bucks PLUS $$$ per month. Actually, I hope they try it, fail miserably and lose the rights to the franchise as well (via the lawsuit they have with their "ex" employees). Only then will we see a GOOD CoD game again.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old May 31, 2011, 08:14 AM
Banned

of course I'm the only one who pay full price where you get those discount so I can order a second one for my son

Product SKU: 71067
Product Name: Battlefield 3™ Limited Edition (Pre-Ordered)
Estimated Release Date: null
Qty Ordered: 1
Amount: $59.99
SubTotal: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Tax: $3.00
Total: $62.99

In other end I guess if I play 600 hours like BFBC2 $63 is well worth
Old May 31, 2011, 08:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I dunno man... All my friends are Black Ops and MW2 obsessed. They think it's one of the greatest FPS game ever. $10 says they're going to buy MW3.
Old May 31, 2011, 08:37 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i won't disagree that BF is a better game

however when BF2 : Bad company 2 came out. it actually required a quad core to run well
if you didn't have it (or a tri) it was slow game and fps was poor

i know cause i went from a dual to quad, same GPU and my frame rates doubled.

the other problem i found with the BC2 was that as ppl learned how to play. suddenly it was
snipers vs snipers gameplay. you couldn't move down the hills or any open spaces without getting
gunned down by sniper fire. couldn't even bring in a tank because they would just mortar strike the
area. the sniper was way over powered, IMO. and just became un fun to play the game. (and yes i'd use smoke nades as well, they'd just counter by mortars...)

i've gone back to playing it. but only Squad death match.

honestly if they were smart they would set limits on the amount of snipers per team.
and other player types

but ppl would complain and go "but thats not fair i want to be a sniper too..." etc

take aware the mortar strikes and that'll help. or...theres a pool of mortars to call in. and that
would limit the amount of strikes.