Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 1, 2008, 06:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Cheating in TF2

I was wondering how easy it is to cheat in TF2.

Just started playing it with a friend and really enjoying it.

BUT every now and again we come across "groups" or individuals who are impossible to kill among other things. Ive tested it by getting me and my friend to unload everything into them...and there is definitely something amiss.

GPU: PA120.3|S.Res.rev2|2x EK FC blocks| MCP655.
Old February 1, 2008, 08:17 AM
Allstar
F@H

Hmm, you 100% sure they where hacking? Though I've yet to see hackers in the game, saying that, it's pretty damn easy to accomplish, all it takes is downloading a program and toggling it in game.
Old February 1, 2008, 08:31 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default im sure

Yes Im sure... Definitely went beyond very good game play.

Id like to try and find servers that screen these rogue players out-if thats possible...I also got the impression they were using some kind of tracking system to ID the location of players.

Old February 1, 2008, 09:24 AM
Allstar
F@H

It's been forever sense I last reported someone for hacking. Back on an old CS1.6 server I use to play on, there was a report hacker area on the forums, of which required you to take a demo+steam ID and then a group would review the video to see if they where or not. I've yet to see if any TF2 servers do that, but I guess that's because I normally play on a passworded server!
Old February 1, 2008, 02:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well th most obvious cheater was in CS:S. A guy had the light machine gun and he came into this one hall and jumped and had like 6 headshots in a row while still in the air all in like a second. Like what the crap.

Well anyways were the glowing red or blue :p.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old February 1, 2008, 02:41 PM
Top Prospect

CS:S has got to have the easiest hacks to spot (Unless they are a good toggler). There are now hacks for CS:S that have the person standing upside down and spinning.
Old February 2, 2008, 09:15 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default must have been unlucky

Thankfully not come across anything like it again. Must have just been badl uck! Hopefully Ill be good enough to play with you guys on HWC Xfire at some point. Been honing my skills as a sniper, medic, and engineer.

Old February 21, 2008, 12:42 PM
Top Prospect

I don't know if this was someone hacking but there was this one Spy in TF2 that was swimming in mid air when he came into our base. And when he was swimming he couldn't be shot and he could just flot away to safety
Old February 21, 2008, 01:20 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

I think the funniest hack I ever saw was in CS 1.? (dont remember, but older than 1.6) where a hacker could spawn at any one of the fixed camera points (that the spectators or dead palyers would normally use) and have his or her weapon, killing the entire enemy team just as they spawn and being invulnerable to damage. Funny... but a big @#$# pain in the ass to get rid of that player.

As for TF2... I've seen a couple of possible aimboters and the like (probably using modified cs:s hacks since i think the engine is the same) but they're few and far between.

What I WANNA know is how invisible spies get a hack/script/whatever to decloak INSTANTLY to stab you in the back. Because normally theres a big annoying delay (like 3 seconds) before you can knife someone when youre de-cloaking. Yet I've seen players (and been stabbed players) that weren't there a second ago and stabbed me dead in the blink of an eye. Very Very annoying.... Especially since I wanna know how to do it.
Old February 21, 2008, 02:05 PM
MVP
F@H

Well there is hackers out there playing, the important thing you need to find is a server that will not tolerate hacking.

I play on Bigfist Clan and I am a Senior Admin clan member " http://www.bigfistclan.com/ "

We take hackers very serious and if suspected we record them in game, capture their steam ID, report them to steam and instantly Ban them permanently. We try to be very careful who we Ban by monitoring their game play intensively. If we strongly suspect hacking they are banned without question. It is possible on occasion we may have banned an innocent player, however these are steps we have taken for the betterment of the game.

You are welcome to visit our Web Site and server anytime.

Hope to see you and others in game.
RIG #1 - Intel E8400 // TRU-X 120 w noctua NF-P12 // GA-X38-DQ6 // GTX285 OC // 8g Ram OCZ Fatal1ty PC8500 // X-Fi Elite Pro sound // z-5500 speakers // OCZ 850w Gamer XTream PSU // WD Raptor 150g // Seagate 1Tb // 2xSeagate 500g ex// Logitec G-15 keyboard // Vista Ultimate 64bit
RIG #2 - AMD64 3500+ // Asus A8N-E // 8800GTS 512 OC // Enermax Liberty SLI 500W Modular PSU // WD Caviar 250g