Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

well its not easy to earn credit and other...

anyway i play this game for a few hours... pretty fun (sometime funny)... laughingcrow and drac are awesome players to work together... they are also nice guys who helps and teach everything about wot... and ms1 is very slow but i have good record with ms-1...

random is sometime not fun to play because too many players rush and dead at same time...
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old May 14, 2011, 10:55 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I see that a premium account is required to create a clan. Do you need a premium account to join a clan? Some say yes, some say no. Could someone clarify this please.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old May 14, 2011, 11:08 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

No, you just need an invite

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old May 15, 2011, 01:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I had to pm Crimson on the TNT forum. He sent me a clan invite to my email, but when I clicked the link it gave me a page not found 404. I logged onto the WOT website and tried to join from there. That said you have already applied/invite sent or something to that effect. I haven't shown up on the clan list yet. I'll check again tomorrow.
I had to do some serious grinding to get my M7. I think I'll buy a little gold to help me along a little quicker. I'll see how things go.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old May 15, 2011, 06:54 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I am afraid to ask, but what are you guys getting for fps? Both my laptop and desktop meet min spec, but neither meets recommended spec. The desktop tops out around 19 fps, the laptop gets about 30-35 fps tops. Fun to play, but a bit of a pain when your targets disappear then reappear beside you cause your system can't keep up to the game.
Old May 15, 2011, 08:17 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
I am afraid to ask, but what are you guys getting for fps? Both my laptop and desktop meet min spec, but neither meets recommended spec. The desktop tops out around 19 fps, the laptop gets about 30-35 fps tops. Fun to play, but a bit of a pain when your targets disappear then reappear beside you cause your system can't keep up to the game.
I've been playing on a P4 3.2ghz with an 8600GT for the duration of the CC and I must say recommended spec is barely enough to play the game competitively. You want to turn draw distance as high as possible, but keep in mind this setting eats up a ton of vram and causes a lot of fps drops due to the exponentially increased workload on certain maps.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:52 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
I see that a premium account is required to create a clan. Do you need a premium account to join a clan? Some say yes, some say no. Could someone clarify this please.
No, you do not need a premium account to join a clan or join a platoon or company. However, you do need a premium account to create a platoon or company.

I do suggest a Premium Account at the beginning for 2 reasons:
1) it gives you a 1.5 multiplier on experience, so you can move up faster.
2) to buy new parking slots ($300.00 in game gold) IF you want to keep some extra tanks.

When I say beginning, if you plan on playing regular, then the first couple of months, a premium account does make the 'grind' a bit faster. But you can do it without, especially if you're unable to play regularly. It's $2500.00 game gold for 30 days.

You can also use a countdown method to join in the same game as someone else - we use it to get up to 4 platoons in on the same game. We use TeamSpeak to do a countdown to 'click' to battle but you could also agree on a time if you're clocks are in sync. It doesn't always work as sometimes we end up with a platoon or 2 on one side and a platoon on the other.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:55 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by mo' power View Post
I had to pm Crimson on the TNT forum. He sent me a clan invite to my email, but when I clicked the link it gave me a page not found 404. I logged onto the WOT website and tried to join from there. That said you have already applied/invite sent or something to that effect. I haven't shown up on the clan list yet. I'll check again tomorrow.
I had to do some serious grinding to get my M7. I think I'll buy a little gold to help me along a little quicker. I'll see how things go.
I'll check with Crimson (sending a copy of this message. We had this happen once before but I'm not sure of the results. Crimson wasn't able (allowed) to resend the invite.
Old May 15, 2011, 01:00 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
Some of the 'invisible tank' problems may be fixed in the next major patch (6.4) when they add 2 more spotting points to the vehicle and bump up the spotting time cycles.

Visibility Mechanics in v.0.6.4 - World of Tanks official forum
Old May 15, 2011, 01:03 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The clicking at the same time actually works. Me and my bro do that all the time. However, I suggest you and your partner/friend/playmate to have the same tier and class of tank. Ie: I'm in a Tier 5 KV and my bro is in Tier 5 T1 Heavy.

As for extra garage slots, I suggest you to get the KV and the KV2 turret ASAP. The devs say that they are changing the KV line a bit, splitting the vanilla KV and the KV2 (box turret) into two separate line, rewarding those with the KV and KV2 turret with an extra tank w/ 100% crew.

-Plato