Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 20, 2013, 08:53 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I've had the hellcat unlocked for awhile, waiting for it to go on sale again. I didn't have enough credits last time it was on sale... I loved the T49 but sold it once the hellcat was unlocked. You see lots of them in Tank company battles. I have been playing my KV-1s trying to up the Russian heavy line... fun tank and still makes money... Maybe ill see you guys out there. Mecher1 in WOT
Old May 21, 2013, 02:26 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

My new mobile artillery.

Old May 21, 2013, 08:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The Hellcat looks great to me. I just got my M40/43 yesterday, hoping to grind the T92 before the new patch. Also working on the E8 and M4 1945 at the moment. How's that British Tier 10 TD?
Old May 21, 2013, 09:00 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

I was reading about the accuracy buff in the new patch, that should change things up a bit! I might even be able to hit what I'm aiming at with my KV -1S now...
Old May 21, 2013, 09:59 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep, this is the supposed change. I cannot express how happy that would make me, as my favourite huge guns (M4 Derp, KV-1S, JagdPanther II) missing at damn near point blank is pretty annoying.

Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Last edited by Lpfan4ever; May 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM.
Old May 21, 2013, 10:52 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Really like a lot of the changes they have made, though that means for some instances HEAT Shells are not going to be as do or die for my E100 and JPZE100 though. Which makes them both less than ideal candidates again for Tier 10's.
Time will tell, with the aim buff I should still be able to use HEAT effectively.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old August 16, 2013, 08:49 PM
Allstar
F@H

I've only recently started playing (Up to Tier 7 stuff), did the classic noob mistakes of loading up on tanks, changing my mind and switching off to another nation....finally I just said whatever and kept my German and Soviet tanks for the time being, perhaps I'll eventually get more gold to get back into the US tree.

Older shot of my favourite KV1 game where I ATTEMPTED to carry the team, didn't work out too well in the end, except for my rewards.

A Veteran, whether Regular Force, Reserve or Retired- is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank cheque made payable to the Dominion of Canada for an amount of "Up to and including my life"
-Author Unknown
Old August 17, 2013, 07:43 PM
MVP
F@H

Been back playing it for a while. Some very good things added. WarGaming said they were fixing the MatchMaker...

However, the MatchMaker still doesn't work well. I got a new tank and as the Mastery Badges got higher, the tank was being placed lower by the MatchMaker; ironically, the better the tank and crew the worse it did a lot of the matches. Same thing on the next new tank. Then I recalled that WarGaming's game design was aimed at keeping a 50/50 win/loss ratio. So I did some searching. Turns out that WarGaming actually have a US Patent on this - something to keep us inline with their game play philosophy and design.

Z's world of warfare blog: WoT's matchmaker is rigged - the proof

So while the game can be fun, half the battle isn't the other team, it's the MatchMaker. The games that bother me most are the 4-5 minute massacres, both win and lose; neither are really fun. And I'll be happy when that 30 kill bonus is finished; too many people are more interested in the kills than finishing a game.
Old August 18, 2013, 01:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Matchmaker is retarded but doesn't decide a game, it's only the really awful players that don't carry their weight that kill the matches.

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old August 18, 2013, 08:48 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I am on and off back into this, but haven't been able to break the 50/50 WL since I started back in. Its odd since I am historically 55/45 (not the best player, but not the worst). Right now I find the division of the servers has made it a nightmare on finding a good balance of players.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com