Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 27, 2012, 12:10 AM
Banned

Hey all,

I do play the game myself casualy away from my other online game combat arm's. Anyways for those curious on what the game looks like on my hardware I just threw up a video of some ingame footage I fraps yesterday morning playing it. This is 1080 HD capture with multichannel sound.

I hope you like/enjoy.

World of Tanks on Radeon 7870 - YouTube
Old April 27, 2012, 07:32 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Ironically, the game looks just the same on my hardware. Who would have thought.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 27, 2012, 09:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I've found that WOT is by far more CPU bound than GPU.
Old April 27, 2012, 09:39 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
I've found that WOT is by far more CPU bound than GPU.
Thats because the engine doesn't utilize multi-core support properly.

When the new Bigworld engine comes out it should, but who knows when that is.
No matter what VC you have you will still get throttled by CPU speeds.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

Old April 27, 2012, 09:43 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Does it jerk like that when you turn the camera? or was it just the recording? I know my 480 doesn't jerk when I am spinning my turret.

[QUOTE=terrybear;624217]Hey all,

I do play the game myself casualy away from my other online game combat arm's. Anyways for those curious on what the game looks like on my hardware I just threw up a video of some ingame footage I fraps yesterday morning playing it. This is 1080 HD capture with multichannel sound.

I hope you like/enjoy.
Old April 27, 2012, 09:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yep... it's super CPU bound indeed. Playing the game on my laptop at 720P resolution and 1080P resolution has nearly no difference in FPS.

-Plato
Old April 27, 2012, 10:38 AM
F@H

My System Specs

[quote=Adzsask;624290]Does it jerk like that when you turn the camera? or was it just the recording? I know my 480 doesn't jerk when I am spinning my turret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
Hey all,

I hope you like/enjoy.

Yeah was just thinking that, wonder why,

-ST

Old April 27, 2012, 04:02 PM
Banned

[quote=Adzsask;624290]Does it jerk like that when you turn the camera? or was it just the recording? I know my 480 doesn't jerk when I am spinning my turret.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
Hey all,

I hope you like/enjoy.
[quote=Soultribunal;624311]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adzsask View Post
Does it jerk like that when you turn the camera? or was it just the recording? I know my 480 doesn't jerk when I am spinning my turret.
Yeah was just thinking that, wonder why,

-ST
Well my hand slipping for 1 , my mouse is like around 5200 dpi. Also if you noticed the line when I did so it was a tree that did make it drop. My guys in my tank are 91% also.

With the 5850 previously I couldnt run the 16x antroscopic filtering & some of those other settings where they where before & the BEST i could get for a max fps on some maps was a 68 & MANY times averages 26-30 fps.

Here is what I got with the old settings before I bumped them up & using CCC 12.3 all set for highest quality fresh installed to both cards (note this was a 5 minute fraps bench in game various maps & before final gpu clocks on 7870):

5850 @ .775/1.4 Ghz:
Frames: 12717
Min: 23
Max: 67
Avg: 35.325

7870 @ 1.1/1.25 Ghz:
Frames: 10250
Min: 32
Max: 91
Avg: 53.224

And for some reason, what fraps captures is darker then what I see on my screen, any sugestions on how to fix that? ty
Old April 27, 2012, 05:42 PM
Banned

So just loaded up catalyst 12.4's & got the following fraps bench on "providence" over 5 minute with what is in my signature clockwise (stationary 1st minute then rest of the time attacking & moving around randomly with zooming in & out to aim):

Frames: 18901
Min: 29
Max: 102
Avg: 52.503

Not shure if thats good bad or indiffrent for preformance in the game with almost everything maxed out. I REALY do enjoy the game & how visualy stunning it looks, I even find Nexon's Combat Arms to have that kinda "analog" natural realiism to it that you see alot of online games taking on that blocky "digitalized" look.
Old May 4, 2012, 01:29 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Patch 7.3 will release shortly, sometime next week they say.

In Development | World of Tanks

TLDR version: Russian heavy tank line split.

/runsofftogrindIS3forIS4 :P

-Plato