Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 3, 2012, 08:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There isn't much fault in the German line other than let's say...pz38na, jgpz4..and pz3/4..those are the pains in the butts, but everything else is enjoyable.

Speaking of enjoyable..the new US heavy T110E5 is ..just WOW

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old April 3, 2012, 09:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'd advise against the German TD line until they do something about the spotting.

My Ferdi and JT have troubles spotting E100's at 300m. It's really frustrating being completely blind in the majority of scenarios when you have absolutely no camo value. Can't long range snipe anymore either since you can't even see the enemy despite your team lighting them for you. They also increased the aiming time so you can't just twitch snipe.

I used to love the JT/Ferdi, they're just worthless tanks now.
Old April 3, 2012, 11:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilya View Post
I'd advise against the German TD line until they do something about the spotting.

My Ferdi and JT have troubles spotting E100's at 300m. It's really frustrating being completely blind in the majority of scenarios when you have absolutely no camo value. Can't long range snipe anymore either since you can't even see the enemy despite your team lighting them for you. They also increased the aiming time so you can't just twitch snipe.

I used to love the JT/Ferdi, they're just worthless tanks now.
Would adding binoculars solve this for you? Just curious where the limitation lies, I'm not too far from a Ferdi.
Old April 4, 2012, 04:49 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I am not really having much issue with spotting the bad guys with my Jpanther, and I don't have binos or any other spotting abilities/equipment on it. My biggest problem with it is I tend to get too aggressive at the wrong time.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old April 4, 2012, 11:55 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm not having these issues either...To me the ferdi and JT are two of the most formidable TDs in the game..

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old April 5, 2012, 10:14 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I am 1% away from 70% on my Ferdi and 60% on JT for W/L.
THey are amazing TD's, sure they have crap camo values but the best accuracy for the 128's and used correctly you can own the battle field.

There are some crap tanks to play, but even I still play them to grind credits and just keep my skills sharp. After all if I can do good in a JPZ4, I can rule to roost in all the others.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 7, 2012, 07:07 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Realistically I am an average player, so I am hovering around the 48% to 50% win rate. My T29 is the highest at just over .500. The E8 is absolutely horrible, can`t buy a win in it, at around 38% or something like that. Accuracy seems to have taken a hit with the last patch, but most of my tanks are hovering aorounf 70% hit rate.

Still having a load of fun no matter waht tank I play, and thats the point.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old April 7, 2012, 10:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

There are some tanks that are just impossible to do well with. My W/L ratio with the M3 Lee and T1 heavy are crap, but other tanks like the T34, IS-3 and T29 I'm close to 60%.

And frig, 70% with anything is amazing. Gj ST
Old April 7, 2012, 10:31 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
Realistically I am an average player, so I am hovering around the 48% to 50% win rate. My T29 is the highest at just over .500. The E8 is absolutely horrible, can`t buy a win in it, at around 38% or something like that. Accuracy seems to have taken a hit with the last patch, but most of my tanks are hovering aorounf 70% hit rate.

Still having a load of fun no matter waht tank I play, and thats the point.

End of the day so long as you're having fun Perry that is all that matters. It took me a long ass time and almost 10,000 games to get my W/L to where it is, and as JCMD says there are just some tanks that don't play well. My T32 suprisingly is one of a few that I can't seem to buy a win in, where as with you its the E8 (I am 61% in that). It all depends. its a fun game reagardless and although I might swear at it , I swear at all games hahah.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 7, 2012, 11:33 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'm stuck at the French AMX 40 right now, the AMX 38 made me want to emo rage with its 2kph max speed going downhill and spit ball rounds it was just god awful, the AMX 40 is still just horrible for a light tank, still slow but i've got the big gun for it now so it at least can scratch the paint on a tank of same teir lol

On my IS right now as well and grinding away at it for my IS3