Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 30, 2012, 04:01 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Been playing this again in the past 2 months. We got a new patch today, big changes to the American line and crew skills. Also got a free premium tank :)
Old March 30, 2012, 06:20 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Since I don't have a premium account the game economy changes are not fun, although haven't played much. All of the tanks I currently play have had their income reduced, and a couple of them had their repair costs increased. ALready had to go to lower tier armaments on my T29 and Jpanther...I simply can't afford to pay 1k credits a round. Of course that means I am doing less damage with those tanks....less xp and less income.

Going to give it some more time, but not really interested in getting lower tier tanks to pay for my bigger ones.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old March 30, 2012, 10:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
Since I don't have a premium account the game economy changes are not fun, although haven't played much. All of the tanks I currently play have had their income reduced, and a couple of them had their repair costs increased. ALready had to go to lower tier armaments on my T29 and Jpanther...I simply can't afford to pay 1k credits a round. Of course that means I am doing less damage with those tanks....less xp and less income.

Going to give it some more time, but not really interested in getting lower tier tanks to pay for my bigger ones.
Yep that's how it is. This game is a great idea from a business point of view, free to play but geared towards almost requiring money to make it worth while. By tier 7 you either need premium, a premium tank or a lot of time to play low tier tanks to compensate for the costs. My suggestion in the meantime for you is using the lower tier gun (which does the same damage/minute more or less on both the t29 and jp) but has crap penetration. It'll at least cost you very little to use.

In any case, it's pretty much impossible to get to tier 8 without spending real money on the game, tier 9 and 10 tanks are absurd to repair.
Old March 31, 2012, 05:29 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

I understand the business model, and I understand why the heavies/higher tiers are expensive to run. I even agree with the reasoning. I am just a little frustrated that all the tanks I play had their profitability cut, and a couple even had their repair costs increased...the E8 is now 25% more expensive to repair, on top of a 10% cut in the credits earned.
The oath to serve your country did not include a contract for normal luxury, and comforts enjoyed within our society. On the contrary it implies hardships, loyalty and devotion to duty, regardless of rank
Old March 31, 2012, 07:27 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yup for sure. I have the T29 and Jagdpanther, both are pretty pricey now. My KV and S-51 seem to be the most profitable now. The S-51 arty is only about 3000 to repair. Some might say this is more russian bias :( I'd suggest getting a KV and doing the Russian heavy line, it will be removed in the next patch, but you get something in its place.
Old April 3, 2012, 06:52 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

The worst part of it is that I am having a hoot playing my bigger tanks. The Jpanther is fully researched now, haven't decided whether I want to save the credits and go for a Ferdi. My T29 is about 38k xp from being fully researched. About 10k xp left on the T-28. PZIV is fully researched, that and the E8 are going to be my credit machines. Worst of it, I consider myself an average player...but win rate and accuracy are both steadily climbing. It helps I only play a few tanks.
Old April 3, 2012, 07:14 PM
F@H

My System Specs

I'm hopping Perry that they at least compensate for that a bit. But honestly I play both high and low tiers not just for credits but for fun too.
I think driving the M4 and M7 are a hoot along with all my others.
Its a buisness at the end of the day. I had to buy more garage slots to fit all the new TD's....

I have too many tanks...wait till you have to repair your MAUS.....

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com
Old April 3, 2012, 07:35 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Doubt I am ever going to own a Maus. My ideas on the German heavy/med lines got messed up a few patches back when they messed with the German tech tree. Same reason why there is 30k exp sitting on my PzIV as well. I have had in the past both the VK3001 (P) and the VK3002DB I currently don't own either of them. Not sure where I want to go with the German heavy/med lines if at all.

Maybe I'll just elite everything, and build up a retarded amount of credits and free exp.
Old April 3, 2012, 07:41 PM
MVP
F@H

I finally got my SU-8 all decked out and my crew is getting very close to 100% - this thing is finally a proper killing machine

Now the grind to 100,000 XP!
Old April 3, 2012, 07:49 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryC View Post
Doubt I am ever going to own a Maus. My ideas on the German heavy/med lines got messed up a few patches back when they messed with the German tech tree. Same reason why there is 30k exp sitting on my PzIV as well. I have had in the past both the VK3001 (P) and the VK3002DB I currently don't own either of them. Not sure where I want to go with the German heavy/med lines if at all.

Maybe I'll just elite everything, and build up a retarded amount of credits and free exp.

If you put the work into them they are very rewarding. I have done quite well up the entire german lineup.

But the TD line is far the best.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com