Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 20, 2011, 05:40 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

SU-85 with 107 is pure fun.
ISU-152 with BL-10 is magnificent (now I have an Object which is another animal).
Of course we're talking here about 100% crew, camo skill full, camo net/binoculars and vents+rammer.

But you'll need support from your team because if you're left alone on one flank you're toasted. Always in second line behind a bush with some spotters in front of you and you'll have a great time playing them.
Old June 20, 2011, 08:42 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I was wondering what a full camo TD would be like. It's my plan to have one soon.

EBAY(http://myworld.ebay.ca/scott0639)
Old June 20, 2011, 09:23 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebusman View Post
I was trying to get into WoT and I'm wondering about the Russian tank destroyer line. Tank destroyers always sounded great in theory (sacrifice ability to aim sideways to gain stupid firepower and fairly good accuracy), but given the way this game works, do they really have any advantage over just throwing all my money and experience to get to the IS line (and/or the T-34 and up)?

And no, I don't care about profitability. I'm just curious in terms of pure stats if they're really worth it.
I have no experience in the Russian line of TDs, but I thoroughly enjoy the German side. I make pretty decent money with my Hetzer each game. Even if you don't do a lot of killing, the HE rounds on most of the big guns lead to nice XP and credits.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old June 20, 2011, 12:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I have been enjoying both the SU-85 and SU-100 a lot (of course the huge caveat is that you need to get one of the upgraded guns or else its all just lulz). But they are heavily meant for support. The play style is definitely a lot different compared to your general tanks.

My SU-100 hits hard and can one shot many smaller tanks, and even heavy tanks, it can 3-shot most if the shot is placed right.
Old June 20, 2011, 06:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

This game requires more Lowe

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old June 20, 2011, 07:49 PM
Hall Of Fame

no no no.. lowe sucks and bored to fight...

anyway... any advice to use pz 3/4 ( path to pathner)... its really sucks ;\
NEW: customize case, hx100, i7 920, supreme hf, x58 sabertooth, 3gbx2 ram of ripjaws, xfx hd6950 CF. vertex 2 60gb, seagate and hitachi 1tb, dual mcp355 with ek rex v2, 2x koolance ar697, 2x mcr320, 6x zm-f3 fans.
OLD: cm 690, hx620, intel q9450, True Black, ga-ep45-ud3p, 2gbx2 ram of mushkin xp2 8500, xfx 285. wd caviar se16 640gb, 4x zm-f3 fans.
Old June 21, 2011, 07:41 AM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTA View Post
no no no.. lowe sucks and bored to fight...

anyway... any advice to use pz 3/4 ( path to pathner)... its really sucks ;\
Fighting in platoons with anything is the preferred way for any vehicle. Three people will protect each other and more easily destroy most other tanks.

When solo in a random game, pick any medium or heavy tank and go with it (as if it's in your platoon). As the more agile tank you are able to harass any units that they are attacking or are attacking them. You can end up with getting confederate a lot of times using this concept.

Alternatively, if there's a lot of arty, stay back for a while and protect arty from incoming attacks.
Old June 21, 2011, 08:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

So three light tanks rush this KV, myself in the PzIII. Blow all 60 rounds of my 5cm on him, he's down to 17% HP. Just running circles around him, eventually he gives up and starts driving away. I just keep using my tank to physically stop him so the arty can land a shot (yeah right). What do you do with no ammo though? Ram it. Ramming a KV with a tiny PzIII does jack shit....until his tracks break. Arty FINALLY lands a couple hits. Took 5 minutes to kill a single KV, what the fvck.
Code:
<firebane> slightly used

Old June 21, 2011, 09:01 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

My teammates (Tier 6-8 heavies) were fighting the city w/ train tracks that lead straight from one base to another. I'm in my E8 Sherman. So my team continues to play peek a boo w/ the other team while flank the enemy and kill a M6, SU-85, and a Lowe before the enemy starts looking at me.

-Plato
Old June 21, 2011, 09:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Flanking is the best. Not a damn thing they can do most of the time, as long as the arty isn't raining death on you. (Also as long as they're not a KV and you're in a PzIII)
Code:
<firebane> slightly used