Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 22, 2011, 01:00 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Default Need help with LAN party games.

Hey guys,

First off I kind of want to explain the situation as recently we have been running into a lot of problems at our local group of peoples LAN parties. Half of our crowd is FPS friendly and the other half seems to be RTS/Tower Defense friendly and it seems like we cannot get everybody to agree on any single game.

Lately League of Legends has overthrown our local LAN and it is making a couple of our regulars unhappy and when we switch it up to another game like Team Fortress 2 it makes the other half of the crowd unhappy.

We usually have 8 to 12 people in attendance although last nights LAN we had 16 which was a new high for us.

I am looking for games that might not have been played or maybe lower key that less of us have heard about not your typical list of games like Counter-Strike, Call of Duty, Starcraft, Battlefield, Civilization, etc. etc. Trying to avoid the most common games that everybody knows about and looking for something that is a blend of maybe both FPS and RTS if that is even possible?

Just wondering if anybody had any suggestions.
Old April 22, 2011, 02:14 PM
Top Prospect

take a look at natural selection 2
Old April 22, 2011, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

Monday Night Combat, a friend of mine describes it as TF2 meets DotA.
Old April 22, 2011, 03:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
Monday Night Combat, a friend of mine describes it as TF2 meets DotA.
That's pretty much how to describe it. You could take a look at that, or Magicka might be fun for a while. 4 players per game though. Other than that, not much I can think of.
Old April 22, 2011, 09:11 PM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

I would recommend Natural Selection 2. Didnt know the second one was out yet but the first one was so much fun.
Old April 22, 2011, 09:46 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

magicka, another cool free game is shadowgrounds for 4 person co-op (its on steam)

I guess you can never make everyone happy...