Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1, 2011, 04:33 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
Yes, but when I linked my PSN account to my Steam account, I did not enter the serial number provided in the package since PSN was down.
I simply entered the serial number from the card provided with the game into Steam and Steam recognized this and associated Portal 2 with my Steam account.

If you know this person, you might be able to ask them to give you the serial number, try it on Steam and if it works, great, you give him the money, if that's the plan.
yea, but that portal 2 code works only with the steam account that the PSN account is connected to. i am fairly certain that it is not a completely unrestricted, brand new code as if you just bought the regular game from steam or a boxed PC version from a store.
Old June 1, 2011, 06:35 PM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
yea, but that portal 2 code works only with the steam account that the PSN account is connected to. i am fairly certain that it is not a completely unrestricted, brand new code as if you just bought the regular game from steam or a boxed PC version from a store.
I'd agree. Valve isn't one to leave a detail like that overlooked.
Old June 1, 2011, 07:06 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
I'd agree. Valve isn't one to leave a detail like that overlooked.
Bingo. This is one software license that you can use with any one Steam account, across multiple systems.

It is not two copies of the game to do with as you please.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about