Don't even compare that crap to the perfection that was Crysis 5 23.81%
Both are equally good 8 38.10%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 1, 2011, 06:52 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Crysis 2

So just wondering what you guys think of the next iteration of Crysis, no doubt most of you have probably at least tried it once considering this is a computer community :D
I've heard alot of people are pretty disappointed, to be honest I reckon the gameplay is better, but the graphics come of as being cheaply optimised for weaker console hardware. Onlines a bit glitchy too but compared to Black Ops's initial release Crysis 2 is like perfection.

EDIT: I just realised that I put two of the same option in the poll Knew something didn't sound right when I was typing it...

Last edited by lKashl; April 1, 2011 at 09:03 PM.
Old April 1, 2011, 07:03 PM
MVP

My System Specs

voted equal...which is kinda in between, although i found it more intereting, but on the same level a bit difficult to follow....kinda mixed from crysis 1 and crysis 2...and this may sound noobish, but i dont see how the two tie together...
Old April 1, 2011, 07:13 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Despite the slighty better gameplay...I have to say NO NOMAD, NO DICE >:(

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old April 1, 2011, 07:43 PM
Top Prospect

the games are just way too different of styles i think.
Old April 1, 2011, 09:13 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_brent View Post
voted equal...which is kinda in between, although i found it more intereting, but on the same level a bit difficult to follow....kinda mixed from crysis 1 and crysis 2...and this may sound noobish, but i dont see how the two tie together...
Yeah theres a bit of disparity because the story wasn't focused on in Crysis. Basically though, Crysis was discovering the Seph/Ceph/however its spelt and securing their tech from Korean hands. Crysis 2 is the Seph have fully awakened and are killing humanity with spores (instead of freeze guns :P)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
Despite the slighty better gameplay...I have to say NO NOMAD, NO DICE >:(
Really? I prefered Psycho/Prophet, Nomad had no personality, not that Alcatraz is any better

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob saget View Post
the games are just way too different of styles i think.
To put it noobishly simplistically, its like the difference between BF2 (Crysis) and COD (Crysis 2)
Old April 1, 2011, 10:42 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I personally have had a ton of fun with Crysis 2.
Fun story(nothing over-the-top but at least they tried), great graphics(not mind-blowing, but VERY good looking on any machine really), amazing fun gameplay(IMO).
First FPS that I have sat down to play, and didn't get up until I beat it. For ME that says something, since I haven't done that since HL2 >_>
Old April 2, 2011, 10:00 AM
Rookie

I find that the AI in Crysis 2 are really annoying.
They detect you VERY easily even though a tiny gap. It makes it not worth playing stealthy.
Old April 2, 2011, 11:40 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

I am playing the game. Don't mind the gameplay...but i agree...the AI is a little goofy. I just can't get past the graphics. It's like I'm playing on an xbox360. My gaming system specs, i7 920 @ 3.8 ghz, 6 gigs of ram and 2 gtx 560s @ 950/1900. I don't think the hardware is being used very much at all. Oh well...the death of pc gaming is coming soon....sigh....
Old April 2, 2011, 09:24 PM
Allstar

Just finished the SP tonight, and I will say it does look pretty in some parts, and it is a complex storyline much more than average games, but they fell short on promising a well polished PC product, I wish I didn't preorder and instead wait for a sale that will be coming soon I predict (though the 20% off D2D sale made it easier to swallow).

If I were Crytek, I'd be embarrassed at the bugs that are in the final product, and I haven't even gotten to the MP part yet. But I didn't buy it for MP as much as SP, so I'm not going to complain much except that the 2 major failures in MP for me were there's no anticheat, and the preorder unlocks didn't save properly so it was nearly worthless to preorder anyway.

I had to vote that both are good "in their own way". C1 did have a few bugs, but it was a true PC game. C2 is a joke when you compare PC-related features: such as video settings, anti-cheat multiplayer, checkpoint save system.
Old April 5, 2011, 07:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Seriously? You can't compare Crysis/Warhead with this SHITE!

This is how I feel about that Crytek "game" and most other releases since ~2007.