Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 17, 2008, 03:22 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Default Help me cheat!

Please....someone help me! I am playing Portal and I am sooooo stuck...it's just not funny! I thought I was pretty smart but this game's got me!

I'm at the first level I believe.....on part 18 of 19. I've killed the turrets and gotten the platform to move.....

But now what?? I've been trying for two days to figure it out!!! HELP!!!:help:

Whoever helps me out: I'll promise to call you 'King' forever! LOL
Old January 17, 2008, 03:24 AM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof. Dr. Silver View Post
Please....someone help me! I am playing Portal and I am sooooo stuck...it's just not funny! I thought I was pretty smart but this game's got me!

I'm at the first level I believe.....on part 18 of 19. I've killed the turrets and gotten the platform to move.....

But now what?? I've been trying for two days to figure it out!!! HELP!!!:help:

Whoever helps me out: I'll promise to call you 'King' forever! LOL
Huh? I played that game but your not making any sense!

Take a screenshot haha.

I finished the game and only had trouble in 1 room.

Are you referring to the room with like 20 turrents in all the pockets?
Old January 17, 2008, 07:59 AM
Top Prospect

You gotta be thinking with portals!

If you really wanna cheat take a look at these videos Portal Walkthroughs - Video Guides to Completing All Portal Levels
Old January 17, 2008, 11:56 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I don't really wanna cheat...I just want some help....it takes strenght however NOT to go look at your video guide....Let me see if I can get a screenie...Here are two screenies of the room I have issues with:

Now, in the first picture, see that little box back there? I need that to open another level....but how do I get there? Jumping doesn't work...portal jumping also doesn't work....the entire room is made of steel so I can't make portals in there and I can also not pick it up with 'E' ! :help:

Ps. I just read this post...and I actually look kinda sad! LOL...not being able to solve a puzzle...!

Last edited by Prof. Dr. Silver; January 17, 2008 at 12:37 PM.
Old January 17, 2008, 12:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Ya I was pretty stuck on that room to. Took me a while. Wish I could remember exactly what I did but alas... :( All I can remember is I think there is a platform way down on your right in the 1st screen shot. You have to use it to get a momentum jump going (but I don't remember for what). And everything has to be timed precisely to coincide with stuff that's moving! There that should clear it up for you - LOL o.O

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE
Old January 17, 2008, 01:06 PM
Hall Of Fame

oh hahahaha that goddam room!

I take it you manage to get across to the other side but can't figure out how to get back?

If you look down from where you are standing you'll see a small area that you can blast a portal into and zip back across.
Old January 17, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hall Of Fame

Check youtube for the solution, there are plenty of them on there. I could describe it but thats the better way.

Teletraan I: Asus P5K-E/WIFI, E4500, 2 GB RAM, ATI 3450, Sapphire Theatrix, 2.25TB storage, Antec SP2 400w

Galvatron: Asus M2NPV-VM, 3800+ X2, 2GB RAM, NV8500GT, Seasonic 500w

Tracks: Acer AS5920, C2D 2.1ghz 45nm, 3GB DDR2, NV8600m GT, 250gb hdd

Hound: Gigabyte GA-MA74GM-S, AMD 4400+ X2, 1 GB RAM, 2900XT, 500w Seasonic

My Heatware!
| Got RMA? Tell us your experience! | VOIP Help? PM ME!
Old January 17, 2008, 02:26 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

Yea I remeber, its one of those "you must time it perfectly" rooms, first you make a portal for the ball, to come out somehwere to open a door, then you have to make another portal to ball onto a button then portal quickly to anther, seriously thou, I suggestb you watch the video for that one level, it took me a long time to realiuse what I had to do, and I don't know how to explain it, also, your not even half gdone the game yet :P Remeber theres cake!
Old January 17, 2008, 03:02 PM
Hall Of Fame

That one took me a little while, I remember!

1. You've already cleared out the turrets. Get yourself on top of the sealed box that needs the energy ball.

2. Arrange the portals so that the energy ball heads into the sealed box (obviously it won't actually get in, since the door is shut for the moment).

3. On top of the sealed box, looking outwards, that red switch? That opens the sealed box. You need to hit it, but the door doesn't stay open for very long afterwards.

4. What you need to do is wait for the energy ball to pass through the portal (now heading directly for the sealed box), and immediately set one portal onto the panel facing the switch. Run off the top of the box and shoot the other portal into the floor on the way down. As you pass through the portal (which winds up shooting you directly into the switch), hammer the E key to hit the switch. It might take a few tries, but it can be done. If necessary, practice hitting the switch really quickly from the top of the box. After that, it's probably business as usual, if you've gotten this far.
Old January 17, 2008, 04:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

that was a fun one. How ever it gets much better after that one