Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 18, 2011, 07:59 AM
Hall Of Fame

Default GT5 1.06 Update

Not sure if anyone is really following this but check out the massive update coming out for GT5 soon :D

Update Notice (1.06) - News - gran-turismo.com

I'm particularly fond of this :
Quote:
More Car Settings
Gear ratio adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the main menu.
and

Quote:
Remote Racing from a Web Browser
In [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using a web browser, and remotely control your PS3 at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check results from the website. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere.
Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right corner of the website to get started.
Old February 18, 2011, 01:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The remote racing thingy is retarded.
The whole mode where you just sit around and manage shit is retarded. Drive or GTFO.
Old February 18, 2011, 03:29 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
The whole mode where you just sit around and manage shit is retarded. Drive or GTFO.
Agreed.
Old February 18, 2011, 03:30 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
Remote racing is brilliant in my opinion for the die hard gamers as you can earn money while being away :P
Old February 19, 2011, 07:43 AM
Allstar

Still no G27 Clutch fix... This game will be Shit at best untill they fix this issue.
Old February 19, 2011, 02:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Polyphony Digital are just fuckers, they blame logitech for not making the G25 and G27 properly but guess what? The G25 and G27 can be used pretty m uch flawlessly in other more realistic sims without problem!! Screw you PD you lazy shitstacks. The G25 and G27 came out long before GT5 did, you have absolutely no excuse at all.

I know I am not going to give them my money. >:(
/me pats his G25.

Back on topic...
People are saying it kinda works elsewhere.
From the logitech forum:
Quote:
Hey everyone, I've been reading this thread and thought i should clear some things up for the noobs or technically inclined.

First the clutch does work (and flawlessly might I add), you just need to activate it. Hold the clutch down while your at the starting grid while being in 1st gear, when you see go, let off the clutch and press the gas (as you would in real life) and there you go. If you see your in neural (a sign your in clutch mode) that means you, in a sense, stalled an need to off the gas, put stick in neutral, press clutch all the way, and go into gear.

Second, if you want to map the buttons for this wheel (g27), go to options/steering contollers/driving force pro. It uses the same mapping. Also note that the red buttons on the wheel act as 1 button (on both sides) they are not individual buttons. Watch some yutube vids on dissasmbling the wheel, youll see.

I hope this helps people and makes them love the wheel again. PS: This is the best wheel by far.
Quote:
Just some additional comments to share for concerned thread readers:
HOW TO SHIFT WITH THE SHIFTER AND WITHOUT THE CLUTCH
When you first start the race, if you don't use the clutch, you won't need it.
The game will allow you to use the 'H' pattern shifter without the clutch.
However, once you use the clutch, the game will engage its usage and require you to use it to shift.

WHEN CLUTCH USAGE IS ENGAGED, YOU MUST USE IT TO SHIFT
Once clutch usage is engaged, if you don't use the clutch between shifts, you will get stuck in neutral.
Make sure you use the clutch before using the 'H' pattern shifter to select the next gear.

If your timing is off, you will get stuck in neutral.

Happy Racing!
Some are also reporting that certain cars do not let you use the clutch as well.

Last edited by MacJunky; February 19, 2011 at 02:50 PM.
Old February 20, 2011, 05:02 AM
Allstar

The clutch does work, Dont get me wrong... It does not work properly.

Try to power shift, or be off by half a second and the car drops to N.

My G27 was worth ever dime i spent, GT5 is were I should be paid back from P.