Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 7, 2011, 02:16 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

I preordered Dead Island. If you didn't preorder, you will be able to pickup a ripper on the bloodbath arena dlc.

Old January 16, 2012, 09:14 AM
Hall Of Fame

Finally some DLC coming. Dead Island's 'Ryder White' headlines new DLC | Joystiq
This has turned out to be one of my fav games.
Old January 16, 2012, 09:53 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by On2wheels View Post
Finally some DLC coming. Dead Island's 'Ryder White' headlines new DLC | Joystiq
This has turned out to be one of my fav games.
Ummmm... how? I barely lasted a week on that game before it just felt like i was running around doing the same stuff over and over with different item as the only changes. I'm not one to give up on a game either I like getting my moneys worth but I just can't bring myself to play it. (have about 1000 hours into l4d1/2 and still play daily)
Old January 16, 2012, 12:01 PM
Hall Of Fame

It's funny how some games turn some on and others off. For the same reason I don't trust every Metacritic score anymore. I played l4d and l4d2 to death when they first came out, but since DI came out I haven't gone back to either. To each his own I suppose.

I have a copy of Bastion to trade for this DLC when it comes out.
Old January 16, 2012, 03:45 PM
Allstar

Nice, Getting the new DLC.
Ive only done 1 run through, But still love the game.
L4D Was great too, But i did get bored of it.
Old January 19, 2012, 07:27 PM
Top Prospect

The game wasn't too terrible, I got really angry with it midway because of the stupid jungle level but I did enjoy the retarded final boss fight haha
Old January 23, 2012, 09:00 AM
Rookie

I don't really understand this game, played it 50mins (according to steam) on single-player and it just felt boring and dry. It feels very sandbox-y but I just haven't discovered any "fun" activities? Are the points the only rewarding thing in this game (like BF3)?
Old January 23, 2012, 10:34 AM
Hall Of Fame

I think it's meant to be taken as if you were on a holiday at that resort and the outbreak happened, so all hell is loose and now anything goes. You'll find people at their wits end, living like it's their last day on earth, and mutated people with horrific disfiguration. It's best to wear headphones, turn down the lights, and play alone for one playthrough to get the best atmosphere. With quality headphones on I'm hearing things that were inaudible with regular desktop speakers, I've got over 100hrs into that game.
I guess it's like any rpg, some enjoy it, some don't. Did you like Fallout 3 or New Vegas? For some reason I can't bother to play New Vegas any more even after seeing only one ending and skipping most of the side quests, yet I love the atmosphere and setting of a post-nuclear wasteland. I may still try it. To each his own I suppose.
Old January 23, 2012, 01:18 PM
Allstar

gotta agree about FO NV. LOve everything about it, But got tired of it 22 hours in.

Ive only played DI, 1 playthrough so far, But always in the dark with a good head set. Its Helps alot.
Old January 23, 2012, 02:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Co-op is way funner than playing alone. Even playing with randoms.