Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 13, 2011, 06:10 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

Default Crysis 2 Leaked

Crysis 2 Leaked

I have been reading a lot about this and I am kind of torn. On one hand this is another blow to PC games with piracy rampant all ready, but on the other hand this was an internal leak and why should gamers be blamed for an internal leak?
Old February 13, 2011, 06:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

from what i gather from comments on sites its the full game but only in dx9 and u can't run it on full plus a few nitches here and there
Old February 13, 2011, 06:17 PM
Rookie
F@H

My System Specs

What I have been wondering is does it make any difference that it's a leak and pirated rather than it being released cracked then pirated?
Old February 13, 2011, 06:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryeguy151 View Post
What I have been wondering is does it make any difference that it's a leak and pirated rather than it being released cracked then pirated?
Uh if you read about the situation you would learn its a early copy and not the retail copy
Old February 13, 2011, 06:45 PM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

I am of two opinions here. First and foremost, I think this just put yet another nail in the coffin of PC gaming. On the other hand, if this is a pre-release alpha build, the game itself will be a genre-defining masterpiece.
Old February 13, 2011, 06:48 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I am of two opinions here. First and foremost, I think this just put yet another nail in the coffin of PC gaming.

Agreed, this is why we can't have nice things..
Old February 13, 2011, 06:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I'm sure this happens to console games as well, at a lower amount though. However, I am still undecided as to whether or not I want to grab a copy of this leak or not. Crysis is known for it's graphical awesomeness, so I want to wait until that's all available. Then again, graphics aren't everything. Hmmm...
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old February 13, 2011, 07:04 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Isn't it kind of Crytek's fault for not keeping a better eye on their staff? It has to be an internal leak, I highly doubt the people of the Internet somehow hacked into Crytek to steal a beta version of Crysis. Possible, yes, but unlikely.

I can only assume most who download this are doing it for trial purposes since PC gamers simply do not get demos anymore. The few times I fire up my space heater..erm..XBOX360, I use it to play demos as it's the only way I can. I very rarely buy games for it though as there's typically a PC port which I pickup instead.
Old February 13, 2011, 07:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

"Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community."

Piracy? How can it be damaging your sales if the game isn't even released yet? Maybe if they had a demo out for PC, people could try it and wasn't there supposed to be a MP beta? XBOX360 usually has the first pirated game releases out days or sometimes weeks before release and nobody freaks out about that (except Sony, they are going all apeshit right now). As for genre-defining masterpiece, I highly doubt that since Crysis didn't bring much to the fps genre other than a resource hog of a game engine. Did it look nice? Yes. Gameplay? Mediocre. We'll see how it turns out, I haven't touched the leak yet.
Old February 13, 2011, 08:25 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I'll be the first one here to say I step over the boundary and tried it out. I was curious to see how taxing it would be.

After a bit of required system.cfg tweaking to get it going, I was surprised at how PURDY this game was for DX9! WOW!
Honestly it rivals the previous two Crysis games in DX10. Actually it looks a bit better.

BTW, with my system I'm running it with an average of 50 to 60 fps maxed out @ 1680x1050.
I get about 45fps in Eyefinity playing Warhead.

I think the full release in DX11 should look absolutely WICKED and if coded right, I'm guess I would get around 35 to 40 fps at 1680x1050.

The lighting, water, textures, etc are quite well rendered AND it runs VERY smooth for a DX9 beta uncompleted leak.

The game play in some ways is a bit different and interesting from what everyone's used to in your last two Crysis games. There's a few extra features in the nano suit (which I won't get into right now).

One change in particular that caught my attention was the way of controlling how to lean around objects and corners while sighting up your weapon in combat. One button instead of two...... and it's just your right mouse button. When you're behind something, press the right mouse button to sight in your weapon as you normally would and your character will automatically lean around or look over whatever it is you're behind. Then you just control his leaning/aiming direction with the mouse. Why wasn't that done before? No more having to press 'Q' or 'E' while sighting! haha

I'm glad I downloaded the leak. Why?? 'Cause after trying it I know that I'll definitely be buying this Crytek game too!!