Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 28, 2011, 11:22 AM
Allstar

Default The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Many of you already know about it, but the next episode is being released on 11.11.11 for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360. It is set in the province of Skyrim, an equivalent of Scandinavia in the fantastic world...

With a new engine, therefore terminating the aging but successful precious one that offered games such as TESIV: Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas.

-Improved graphics sure sounds interesting, considering they've been doing a good job so far
-Improved combat (dual wielding!!! )
-Less skills, addition of perks (Fallout style), Skills increase with its use, as usual
-Realistic and less dumb AI
-Improved third person view... i would suppose some over the shoulder view, which is meh.

Anyways, anybody else excited about this title?
Attached Images

Old January 28, 2011, 11:26 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Been playing since Daggerfall, don't see why I'd stop now ... mind you, I never managed to put enough time in to complete any games in the series.
Old January 28, 2011, 03:12 PM
F@H

My System Specs

It's certainly on my list of games to pick up this year, and one of the reasons I've got a 560ti on my mind as a replacement for the 275 in my main rig.

I didn't realise the release date was Q4 though.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 320G Seagate Momentus / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP
Old January 28, 2011, 04:26 PM
Rookie

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicStorm View Post
Only if the 3rd person camera is decent, if not will wait for a mod. RPGs should never be FP.
So there is something inherently wrong with:

Daggerfall, Morrowind, Oblivion, System Shock 2, STALKER, Deus Ex, Fallout 3, Ultima Underworld, the Thief series, Mount and Blade, Borderlands, etc?
Old January 28, 2011, 05:13 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Only if the 3rd person camera is decent, if not will wait for a mod. RPGs should never be FP.
Quote:
Oblivion did get a better 3rd person camera mod. I should have qualified.... non shooter rpgs should never be FP.
You're completely nuts.
Old January 28, 2011, 05:21 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I was only jesting. I respect your preference for liking RPG's in the third person, but I think saying that non-shooter RPG's should never be FP is a bit extreme. I mean, what about all the hard-core RPG fans who absolutely love their role-playing experience in the first person?
Old January 28, 2011, 06:51 PM

My System Specs

He did use an emoticon. Generally adding them shows the fact that it was just a jest. Personally I can't stand any view besides FPS unless their is a party to control as well.
Old January 28, 2011, 10:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

Well, moving on, I for one am looking forward to this and to be hoenst I DO NOT GIVE A DAMN about third person view, I quite enjoyed oblivion and only used the third person view to look at my charcter when I was running about the countryside, never used it for combat.
Old January 29, 2011, 07:31 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Are they going to integrate companions like Fallout 3 / New Vegas? It would be neat to be able to have a small party with you.
Old January 29, 2011, 07:50 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Wow, now I have people explaining emoticons to me...great. Once I saw the Female body topic here, I knew I was doomed in this forum. This was just the icing on the cake.
If you cant take a little jesting this might not be the forum for you... We pick on everyone equal.

As for the game Cant wait, I found playing in FP and third in the same game suits me fine.

This makes me want to start another round of oblivion.