Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25, 2011, 08:42 PM
Top Prospect

Default High latency on wow?

Do any of you guys know how to fix my lag lol, i have decent internet, and a good computer and im getting like 500+ ms , i dont see why...anyone?
Old January 26, 2011, 12:25 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Having bandwidth doesn't necessarily translate to low latency -- it could be simple bad luck, the routing between you and the server hits a high-traffic area perhaps.

Of course, lacking any information at all on you ISP, location, server location, etc, it's impossible for us to diagnose. Try running a trace route to the server, see if that produces any useful information.

I personally run the Leatrix latency fix. While it does put a greater load on the processor, it keeps my latency in double-digits.
Old January 26, 2011, 02:16 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Could be something between you and the server you use as well. I used to have huge latency, disconnects, etc. Did a tracert to all of Blizzard's different servers and went to a different server. Things were much better after that.
Old January 26, 2011, 02:41 AM
Top Prospect
F@H

My System Specs

remember reading something about bell and wow latency problems. So if you have bell, it should be fixed sometime in the future, as i remember reading that they are working on it.
Old January 26, 2011, 01:31 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisS View Post
remember reading something about bell and wow latency problems. So if you have bell, it should be fixed sometime in the future, as i remember reading that they are working on it.
thats funny, im with bell :\
Old January 26, 2011, 01:36 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galcobar View Post
Having bandwidth doesn't necessarily translate to low latency -- it could be simple bad luck, the routing between you and the server hits a high-traffic area perhaps.

Of course, lacking any information at all on you ISP, location, server location, etc, it's impossible for us to diagnose. Try running a trace route to the server, see if that produces any useful information.

I personally run the Leatrix latency fix. While it does put a greater load on the processor, it keeps my latency in double-digits.
wow, im using the leatrix and that brought me down to like 100ms, im not really noticing the stress on processor though, sweet tthanks tho ;D

Last edited by bf1; January 26, 2011 at 01:48 PM.