F@H

My System Specs

Battlefield 3 - Multiplayer Gameplay Trailer - YouTube

oh baby!
Old October 19, 2011, 09:02 AM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post

holy sweet F*uck!! I CANNOT WAIT. I'm so doing the midnight release at Ebgames :D
Dell U3011
Asus Z87-A
12GB Dominator 1800
Samsung 840 pro 256gb
Corsair HSX 1000watts
Mountain Mod UFO-U2
Razer Deathadder 2014
Logitech G510
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Sennheisers PC360
2 X 150GB Raptor X RAID 0

Old October 19, 2011, 03:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Branched View Post
Is that real? That is amazing!!!

Yes that's real.. now that's how to play a game... lol
Old October 19, 2011, 03:18 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cptn Vortex View Post
if you look back a couple pages you will see I put this up. its awesome
Old October 19, 2011, 05:07 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by implosion222 View Post
holy sweet F*uck!! I CANNOT WAIT. I'm so doing the midnight release at Ebgames :D
It's all about the pre-load
Old October 20, 2011, 05:51 AM
Rookie

My System Specs

Hey guys, I'm just curious as to how my fellow canucks pre-ordered this game. I figure I would have to buy it today in order to get the pre-order goodies before the Friday pre-loading, but I'm a little clueless about what the best online pre-order deal is at the moment.

Some may have noticed a deal on Amazon.com that was 30% off for the pre-order goodies of Back To Karkand and some Dogtag pack. It's currently at 15% or thereabouts off now, and I'm currently thinking of getting it.

Now consider this. Being in Canada, I have no idea if I can purchase this or if it'll redirect me to Amazon.ca or something. Subsequently, since this is digital distribution, I have to consider a bunch of possible bullshit EA endgames, like Amazon tying your purchase automatically to U.S. Origin accounts via your email address, or the CD-Key Amazon gives you being region-locked to the U.S., or even just the very real possibility that Origin is quarter-baked and will mess something up.

So yeah, just looking for a bit of advice here. If I'm in Canada, can I buy some digital download deal using a Canadian CC on the American website, without any worries? Is the Amazon BF3 key to Origin what a Steamworks game is to Steam, that is, I can buy a key from anywhere and install it on any platform internationally? Has anyone bought a digital download from Amazon.com who doesn't live in the U.S. and can share their experience/nightmare with me? Is there any region-locking idiocy I should be wary of, buying this from .com? Has anyone pre-ordered from Amazon or somewhere other than Origin and know if they'll be a part of the pre-loading happening this Friday?

Thanks for your replies guys. Cheers.

Last edited by FierceRed; October 20, 2011 at 05:53 AM. Reason: Added Links to Amazon deal mentioned
Old October 20, 2011, 06:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

I just pre-ordered on origin itself.
Old October 20, 2011, 08:42 AM
MVP

I like to have the physical case and possibly poster/ more goodies so I pre-ordered at Ebgames back in April. I'll be at the midnight release Monday night even if I have to work at 630 am tuesday :( lol
Dell U3011
Asus Z87-A
12GB Dominator 1800
Samsung 840 pro 256gb
Corsair HSX 1000watts
Mountain Mod UFO-U2
Razer Deathadder 2014
Logitech G510
Asus Xonar Essence STX
Sennheisers PC360
2 X 150GB Raptor X RAID 0

Old October 20, 2011, 10:39 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Dear Customer,

Thank you for pre-ordering Battlefield 3. We would like to remind you
that your pre-load of the game begins tomorrow, October 21st. You will
receive an Email from us tomorrow by 11:59pm PDT, which will include
your order information and instructions on how to begin your pre-load.

Sincerely,
The Origin Team
It's almost here
Old October 20, 2011, 11:16 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierceRed View Post
Hey guys, I'm just curious as to how my fellow canucks pre-ordered this game. I figure I would have to buy it today in order to get the pre-order goodies before the Friday pre-loading, but I'm a little clueless about what the best online pre-order deal is at the moment.

Some may have noticed a deal on Amazon.com that was 30% off for the pre-order goodies of Back To Karkand and some Dogtag pack. It's currently at 15% or thereabouts off now, and I'm currently thinking of getting it.

Now consider this. Being in Canada, I have no idea if I can purchase this or if it'll redirect me to Amazon.ca or something. Subsequently, since this is digital distribution, I have to consider a bunch of possible bullshit EA endgames, like Amazon tying your purchase automatically to U.S. Origin accounts via your email address, or the CD-Key Amazon gives you being region-locked to the U.S., or even just the very real possibility that Origin is quarter-baked and will mess something up.

So yeah, just looking for a bit of advice here. If I'm in Canada, can I buy some digital download deal using a Canadian CC on the American website, without any worries? Is the Amazon BF3 key to Origin what a Steamworks game is to Steam, that is, I can buy a key from anywhere and install it on any platform internationally? Has anyone bought a digital download from Amazon.com who doesn't live in the U.S. and can share their experience/nightmare with me? Is there any region-locking idiocy I should be wary of, buying this from .com? Has anyone pre-ordered from Amazon or somewhere other than Origin and know if they'll be a part of the pre-loading happening this Friday?

Thanks for your replies guys. Cheers.
Amazon.com will not let you checkout since you are Canadian.

My guess is that it's only amazon policy and if you had let's say a friend in the states he would buy it for you and just give you the code and you could activate it. But that's just my guess.