Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 10, 2011, 08:09 AM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

im sad now no battle field for me till release unless i reunistall afterburner and fraps, but BFBC2 is a little boring now any ways sigh
Old October 10, 2011, 12:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah it's a bit boring for sure. I dunno what to play for 2 weeks :P Probably keep playing l4d2
Old October 10, 2011, 01:00 PM
MVP
F@H

My System Specs

Was anybody else having problems identifying enemy's? My two biggest complaints about the beta were defiantly #1 having a difficult time spotting enemy players and than #2 telling friend from foe.

Maybe it has something to do with all the foliage in Casp or Metro?
Old October 10, 2011, 01:02 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
Yeah it's a bit boring for sure. I dunno what to play for 2 weeks :P Probably keep playing l4d2
I bought dead island to keep me occupied for 2 weeks :P
Old October 10, 2011, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilyeti View Post
Was anybody else having problems identifying enemy's? My two biggest complaints about the beta were defiantly #1 having a difficult time spotting enemy players and than #2 telling friend from foe.

Maybe it has something to do with all the foliage in Casp or Metro?
It certainly wasn't as easy as BC2 or BF2. However playing against MEC (or whatever it's called in BF3) should be easier! The release will have the voice commands as well. I always found them to be a dead give away because of the difference languages. Just make sure you let it speak russian and stuff so you can hear them.

@supaflyx2

I wanted to try it, but it didn't really look like it had something as good as versus mode in l4d1/2. I honestly think l4d1/2 would be one of the most boring/repetitive games in the world if it wasn't for versus mode. IT makes the game so much better.
Old October 10, 2011, 01:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Yeah spot seamed hit or miss for me, sometime I could spot NP, other time you button mash "q" for 15 seconds and it still doesnt spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 10, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCD View Post
It certainly wasn't as easy as BC2 or BF2. However playing against MEC (or whatever it's called in BF3) should be easier! The release will have the voice commands as well. I always found them to be a dead give away because of the difference languages. Just make sure you let it speak russian and stuff so you can hear them.

@supaflyx2

I wanted to try it, but it didn't really look like it had something as good as versus mode in l4d1/2. I honestly think l4d1/2 would be one of the most boring/repetitive games in the world if it wasn't for versus mode. IT makes the game so much better.
MEC is the Middle Eastern Coalition and I haven't see them in BF3 yet but I thought that was supposed to be one of the forces. So far all we've seen is Russians and Americans. EvilYeti might be having the issue that I was having (and apparently cmac) where friendly player tags were not displayed above friendly players and enemies wouldn't have the red triangle over the head once spotted. Like I said though, a reboot resolved that issue.

Dead Island is nothing like Left 4 Dead. Dead Island is more survival RPG, where as L4D is just FPS really.
Old October 10, 2011, 03:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Battlefield 3 Caspian Border Rush A 10 Thunderbolt - YouTube
A10, holy mother of god
Old October 10, 2011, 03:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
A10, holy mother of god
My thoughts exactly.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old October 10, 2011, 06:44 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
MEC is the Middle Eastern Coalition and I haven't see them in BF3 yet but I thought that was supposed to be one of the forces. So far all we've seen is Russians and Americans. EvilYeti might be having the issue that I was having (and apparently cmac) where friendly player tags were not displayed above friendly players and enemies wouldn't have the red triangle over the head once spotted. Like I said though, a reboot resolved that issue.

Dead Island is nothing like Left 4 Dead. Dead Island is more survival RPG, where as L4D is just FPS really.
I swear there is a middle eastern team, it's probably on some site somewhere, might have to dig it up.

Yeah l4d is an fps zombie game. Lots of tactics, but pretty similar to other fps tactics.