Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 2, 2011, 02:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
You can use logitechs software, or whatever mouses software to bind keys, thats what i did with my G500.
Same I do the same with my Zero-g, in fact I alway bind to my mouse and KB rather than in game.

I think ppl need to realize that this is a BETA not a Demo, if you are following bf3 you should know that button remapping will be available with release.
Here is a short list (few days old now but still) of fixes from beta to release:

Quote:
A SELECTION OF CHANGES FROM OPEN BETA TO FINAL, PART 1

(Not a complete list – for up to date news, visit the News section in Battlelog)
* Fixed occasional client crash when reviving.
* Fixed killcam showing glitched area under map if your killer is dead.
* Issue with spawning on dead squad mates fixed.
* Fixed a bug where shooting at a moving enemy could cause more than the intended amount of damage.
* Crosshairs for shotguns have been replaced with a new, thinner, art.
* A subtle low health screen effect has been added.
* Tweaked scores of Medals and Service Stars.
* Tweaked the Rank progression.
* Pushing prone on console will not play the animation twice.
* Fixed loss of Squad Leader after EOR at some times.
* Framerate stability fixes.
* The 3D spotting icons has been tweaked to better match the target’s visibility. Icons will show frequently less on mostly obscured targets.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after round transition.
* Fixed issue with crosshair disappearing after trying to deploy while the countdown timer still active.
* Squad list now shows specializations chosen, VOIP activity and dead squad mates.
* Non working options in squad menu fixed: "Private" flag and "Switch Teams".
But yeah being blinded by your own team mate with a flashlight is gay. But then again how much value will the flashlight be on a large map? IIRC Metro is the only Small map (choke point CQC )

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 2, 2011, 04:10 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Hope they fix the spelling mistakes. After being awarded the "Spirnt" ability and a couple of "Combat Efficienty" ribbons, I'd think that would have been caught much earlier. That or their QA folks don't speak much English.
Old October 2, 2011, 05:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

i'm already pretty fed up with this map now.
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old October 3, 2011, 05:50 AM
F@H

Someone send me a PM when they fix 3 monitor gaming and enable full screen mode, until then this game isn't going to be played by me until release (provided they fix it)
Old October 3, 2011, 11:30 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
Hope they fix the spelling mistakes. After being awarded the "Spirnt" ability and a couple of "Combat Efficienty" ribbons, I'd think that would have been caught much earlier. That or their QA folks don't speak much English.
Are you sure it wasn't intentional? I believe it reads SPRNT (as in no vowels). Didn't catch the "Efficienty" one though, so maybe it's not intentional.

And now-a-days, I'd definitely say most people in the software programming field probably don't speak English all that well. Enough to get by but not enough to catch errors.
Old October 3, 2011, 11:33 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

DICE is also from sweden.. so of course all their coders don't know english.
Old October 3, 2011, 11:57 AM
F@H

My System Specs

I know DICE is from Sweden and I don't expect their coders to speak perfect English, but EA has a large multinational QA department. You'd think it would have been caught there. Maybe it's intentional, but it hits on one of my pet peeves. If you can't take the time to spell check everything, it doesn't look professional.

That being said, I enjoyed the game play, and look forward to release.
Old October 3, 2011, 01:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Thank you for playing the Open Beta and making the final game better!

We are very excited to see so many gamers join our Battlefield 3 Open Beta. Here’s an update on the Open Beta from DICE General Manager Karl Magnus Troedsson.

I want to give you an overview of how the Open Beta is helping us shape a fantastic final game, what we are implementing based on your feedback, and how the Open Beta will help us deliver a robust gaming environment from day one.

The Open Beta is a true Beta

The Battlefield 3 Open Beta is based on software that is more than one month old. We need to test the new back end dedicated server structure we’ve built. Not only have we built a new game engine, but an entirely new back end system so that everyone can enjoy the benefits of dedicated servers on all platforms.

Just like normal procedure when releasing a game, the Open Beta has had long lead times due to testing, certification, and setting up. This means that the code you are now playing is actually quite early and not representative of the final game.

We had to do this in order to have as many people testing as possible, in order to ensure a top quality experience when the game is released. However, we’re confident in the Battlefield formula and confident that our fans will support us in order to make Battlefield 3 better.

Dedicated servers require dedicated testing

The biggest reason for running the Open Beta is to stress test our servers and back end. Already, we are seeing 6 times the number of simultaneous players in the Battlefield 3 Open Beta compared to the Beta for Battlefield: Bad Company 2! The fact that Battlefield 3 is clearly our biggest game launch ever by a magnitude of 6 makes it doubly important to test everything.

We are constantly updating the News section on Battlelog with information on what we are fixing from Open Beta to final. We appreciate your time and your feedback. The data and feedback from the Open Beta will not only directly affect the final game of Battlefield 3, but its future development and support.

We’re heading out on the road this week to let journalists experience all aspects of Battlefield 3. Stay tuned for their previews, and stay tuned for the final game on October 25th. The final game will look, play and sound better than the Open Beta. You have helped making sure of that.

Karl Magnus Troedsson

General Manager, DICE
Knew it couldn't have been a newer build.

Beta means well .... beta .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old October 3, 2011, 02:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Can't wait for release! Anybody else have October 25th off? :D
Old October 3, 2011, 04:37 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

I am pretty disappointed with the beta. After about 10 mins or so. The game locks up and I have to task manger it to close it. The funny thing is. I played the alpha and didn't have this problem. Anyone have this issue as well?