Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 30, 2011, 03:33 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, I try all the tricks and i'll have the game maximized on my screens but I still have it stuck in windowed mode. Have it set to full screen, alt + enter, nothing works. Not very impressed, I for one actually don't like this server browser thing mainly because you have to be in a game with a character loaded in order to change any of your system settings.

Full screen to me = no windows bars, it takes up the entire screen
Full screen to BF3 seems to be takes up entire screen but still can see windows top bar, task bar and minimize, maximize close buttons

Unimpressed by this and unless they patch this i could see myself cancelling my pre-order as its not playable in windowed mode with my 2nd gpu not being loaded fully/properly
Old September 30, 2011, 03:43 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I play fullscreen and I dont get the windows bars you talk about. Maybe the game has issues with your specific setup.
Old September 30, 2011, 03:51 PM
Quadfather

My System Specs

Its called a Beta Arinoth :P there will always be bugs.

I recall playing the BF:BC2 Beta with flashing textures for several weeks. But when the game came out, not only was that problem solved, but the whole game looked better as well
Old September 30, 2011, 04:33 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Now that im off work, time to put in some major hours in to BF3 o.o
Old September 30, 2011, 04:41 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMetaphor View Post
Its called a Beta Arinoth :P there will always be bugs.

I recall playing the BF:BC2 Beta with flashing textures for several weeks. But when the game came out, not only was that problem solved, but the whole game looked better as well
Fairly certain a resolution bug would be something they would have caught in alpha or pre-alpha. Same with multiple gpu loading.
Old September 30, 2011, 07:07 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Fairly certain a resolution bug would be something they would have caught in alpha or pre-alpha. Same with multiple gpu loading.
Remember though mutliple GPU loading works fine for me as with other ppl, so while it sure suxz for you it isnt like everyone with multi-gpu's is having this problem.

I know you probably tried this already Sam but since you can see the taskbar does clicking on bf3 i the taskbar change anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old September 30, 2011, 07:21 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slaughter View Post
Alt+Enter will also set it to full screen :)

I didn't find it too bad except I was running towards a tree.. that disappeared..

And then when I was actually doing good, the game just vanished.
Alt+Enter works with any other game too for future reference. And yeah I was playing last night and the best game of the night I was having (as with LPfan) our server crashed RIGHT AT THE END OF THE GAME. Like literally 0 tickets left and we both had thousands of points and unlocked a bunch of shit. Sooo annoying.
Old September 30, 2011, 07:24 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thankfully that hasn't happened to me once today, i think they fixed the server issues that were causing that. It used to happen every 20-30 minutes for me, i played for 2-3 hours without a crash.
Old September 30, 2011, 08:12 PM
MVP
F@H

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Alt+Enter works with any other game too for future reference. And yeah I was playing last night and the best game of the night I was having (as with LPfan) our server crashed RIGHT AT THE END OF THE GAME. Like literally 0 tickets left and we both had thousands of points and unlocked a bunch of shit. Sooo annoying.
Welcome to the club. I've probably got about 100 kills and unlocks that never registered from having that happen OVER AND OVER
Old September 30, 2011, 09:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Well I still can't get rid of the damn window mode, i can maximize it full screen and even in the settings put it to full screen but i still get the damn windowed mode.

Also, it seems BF3 is unable to load my second card as the loading % is all over the damn place. Tested with other games and they load properly. Hurray for either bad driver patch for the game or glitchy beta
Your second GPU isn't loading because you are not in fullscreen mode. I've played several other games on windowed mode and noticed that only 1 GPU will load up. It's just the side effect of you not being able to get into full screen mode.