Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

    
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #651 (permalink)  
Old September 29, 2011, 07:16 AM
Keywork's Avatar
Allstar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Niagara
Posts: 605

My System Specs

Default

Annnddddd the EA origin site is down.....wonderful....

For those of us that pre-ordered from other retailers (ie D2D, etc), are we still able to play the open Beta that opens today?
Reply With Quote
  #652 (permalink)  
Old September 29, 2011, 07:37 AM
SKYMTL's Avatar
HardwareCanuck Review Editor
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 13,588
Default

My emails with EA's PR team are interesting. Seems the Origin servers are being hammered with over 10 million users, most of which are trying to download the same game...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #653 (permalink)  
Old September 29, 2011, 08:07 AM
Skyllz's Avatar
Allstar
F@H
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ottawa
Posts: 803

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
My emails with EA's PR team are interesting. Seems the Origin servers are being hammered with over 10 million users, most of which are trying to download the same game...
ahem... can you say SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Good for them. Succesfull games are always good for the market.
__________________
Is smoke supposed to come out of there?
Reply With Quote
  #654 (permalink)  
Old September 29, 2011, 09:28 AM
headsh0t's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,567

My System Specs

Default

Finally was able to connect and start DL'ing. Now I won't have to wait when I'm off work, provided the servers aren't all full and getting slammed. SEE YOU ON THE BATTLEFIELD.
Reply With Quote
  #655 (permalink)  
Old September 29, 2011, 09:39 AM
Arinoth's Avatar
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Halifax
Posts: 9,163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Finally was able to connect and start DL'ing. Now I won't have to wait when I'm off work, provided the servers aren't all full and getting slammed. SEE YOU ON THE BATTLEFIELD.
Same here, got Team Viewer remoted into my server which is downloading it as we speak.

Dammit, tonight's laundry night, guess i wont be playing this till much later in the evening
__________________
Here I am: here I remain
Reply With Quote
  #656 (permalink)  
Old September 29, 2011, 11:58 AM
JD's Avatar
JD JD is offline
Moderator
F@H
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 7,889

My System Specs

Default

Installed as of 12:30PM EST. Downloaded at a solid 2.2MB/s

Didn't have a chance to play though since I had to head off to school. One thing I don't like so far is that you have to launch the game from your web browser, can't just open the game directly. Kind of strange...
Reply With Quote
  #657 (permalink)  
Old September 29, 2011, 12:05 PM
Supergrover's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Okanagan Falls, British Columbia
Posts: 4,357

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD View Post
Installed as of 12:30PM EST. Downloaded at a solid 2.2MB/s

Didn't have a chance to play though since I had to head off to school. One thing I don't like so far is that you have to launch the game from your web browser, can't just open the game directly. Kind of strange...
I hated this in alpha but liking it in beta, I can have battelog up , find a game and ppl I want to play with, form a squad and still be surfing while I do.

God I hate the in game GFX setting, who the frak thought it would be a good idea to have you change your settings in game......I mean in the frakking server.

So I join, then spawn, hit esc, adjusting my video settings and blam killed....... respawn move to a bush, hit esc, in my video settings....bam killed.
Tell me this is a good idea.
__________________
R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Reply With Quote
  #658 (permalink)  
Old September 29, 2011, 12:49 PM
headsh0t's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 2,567

My System Specs

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
I hated this in alpha but liking it in beta, I can have battelog up , find a game and ppl I want to play with, form a squad and still be surfing while I do.

God I hate the in game GFX setting, who the frak thought it would be a good idea to have you change your settings in game......I mean in the frakking server.

So I join, then spawn, hit esc, adjusting my video settings and blam killed....... respawn move to a bush, hit esc, in my video settings....bam killed.
Tell me this is a good idea.
Yea that's annoying. Hopefully they implement a graphic options menu in Battlelog for full release.
Reply With Quote
  #659 (permalink)  
Old September 29, 2011, 12:50 PM
BrianHanna's Avatar
Hall Of Fame
F@H
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,049
Default

Is the flickering on the screen an ati problem? or a me problem? Other than some slight flickering in outside enviros, the game looks great.
__________________
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Reply With Quote
  #660 (permalink)  
Old September 29, 2011, 01:04 PM
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianHanna View Post
Is the flickering on the screen an ati problem? or a me problem? Other than some slight flickering in outside enviros, the game looks great.
I have an HIS 6970 and im getting the same issue. Updated all my drivers, etc. Same issue.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Battlefield Bad Company 2 HaDeS Gaming 732 July 24, 2010 05:10 PM
Giving away 10% off coupon on Battlefield BC 2 MrDiaz Gaming 4 May 11, 2010 12:22 PM
Battlefield Heroes artistpavel Gaming 4 July 11, 2009 12:03 PM
Battlefield Heroes enaberif Gaming 22 March 22, 2009 03:25 PM