Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 20, 2011, 07:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
MW3 is being made out to look real bad. The sweet tears of defeat of millions of CoD diehards is going to be ecstasy inducing.
Amen brother
Old August 20, 2011, 07:20 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I don't get what all the COD hating is all about. After all, the average BF gamer (at least in BC2) is no better than the average COD gamer. In every BC2 server I'm in, most of the server is either camp sniping, camp CGing, or spamming UGLs/frags...
Old August 20, 2011, 08:39 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Kommie, this is my opinion, so don't take it as an attack. A lot of other people feel this way as well though. COD has pretty much been the same game, reskinned since COD4. Same engine, same feel, not a whole lot of innovation. Don't get me wrong, I played the shit out of COD4 and MW2, but I got so bored of it and Black Ops because it felt like the same game I had been playing for hours and hours before. (Although the story was neat in it, I must say) I'm just refusing to shell out the $60 for a game I know is going to be pretty much the same as before.

I may "obtain" it for single player, but that's going to be the furthest my MW3 experience goes.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old August 20, 2011, 10:19 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
Kommie, this is my opinion, so don't take it as an attack. A lot of other people feel this way as well though. COD has pretty much been the same game, reskinned since COD4. Same engine, same feel, not a whole lot of innovation. Don't get me wrong, I played the shit out of COD4 and MW2, but I got so bored of it and Black Ops because it felt like the same game I had been playing for hours and hours before. (Although the story was neat in it, I must say) I'm just refusing to shell out the $60 for a game I know is going to be pretty much the same as before.

I may "obtain" it for single player, but that's going to be the furthest my MW3 experience goes.
Yeah, I do admit stock is pretty boring after a while. However, I can spend hours and hours on Promod and the new Star Wars mod.

And I do not take offense to criticism. Criticism against the game is perfectly fine, but criticism against COD players?
Old August 20, 2011, 10:26 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

IMHO CoD players are on the avg just as bad as MOST BF players....they suck. Hell..."I" suck. I got bored and started playing just to grief the griefers (nothing better than joining a team sneaking up behind a camper....and killing them...over and over and over :P )

CoD needs a reboot. The SP of MW3 should be good...but I for one aint paying 60 bucks for 3.5hrs of game play!

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 24, 2011, 06:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I guess I won't be playing this, the last thing I need is another half assed game "service" to fight with whenever I feel like playing a quick game of something.
Old August 24, 2011, 06:21 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_BenD_over View Post
I guess I won't be playing this, the last thing I need is another half assed game "service" to fight with whenever I feel like playing a quick game of something.
No1 reason why I still play Bad Company 2.

When I feel like it, I boot my PC, load the game and start shooting or being shot at in 2-3 minutes max. I can play for 5 minutes or 5 hours depending on my mood.

The game as it's flaws but for getting your fix once in a while, it's awesome.
Old August 24, 2011, 06:29 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kommie986 View Post
Yeah, I do admit stock is pretty boring after a while. However, I can spend hours and hours on Promod and the new Star Wars mod.

And I do not take offense to criticism. Criticism against the game is perfectly fine, but criticism against COD players?
CoD4 and earlier are the only good games from that series.

I can still spend hours on CoD4. It is completely different than any of the newer games. The new CoD games are just CRAP. Anyone says that newer CoD games are good, should be forced to play the great games from the mid 90's to 2005, to learn what real "good" games are
Old August 24, 2011, 06:45 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by NI3 View Post
Anyone says that newer CoD games are good, should be forced to play the great games from the mid 90's to 2005, to learn what real "good" games are
I guess you could say that in general about PC and console gaming.

Games these days feel so empty even if they have those nice shiny graphics and all.

I wish I could go back to my early gaming days of the original Final Fantasy, Dragon Warrior, Nobunagas Ambition, Desert Strike, Contra...

I feel old.
Old August 24, 2011, 06:50 AM
Allstar

As much as i Like BF games I still love playing COD4 S/D...

I would like a game mode in BF that when your dead your dead.

I understand that BF is a respawn game, I just would like to see some real tactics, Rather then run and Gun always.

I stopped playing COD4 with BF BC came out, And was shocked to see how good it was, Now to fix a few game modes and for some of us. With a Mod this can be done.

For anyone that questions tactics in COD4, COme play at Oldfartsatwar server, Its a good tactical server.