Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2, 2011, 10:59 AM
Top Prospect

game felt NOTHING like BC2 lol. people that claim this is BC3 need a new brain.
Old August 2, 2011, 11:22 AM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yup more like CoD meets MoH than a BF game. Fast, fast, fast. No real squad tactics needed as most time 2 -3 shots == dead. Maybe it was just the map, but it really does feel more like a bad knock off a CoD game than anything else....BUT it sure is purdy.

Also Dice really....really, REALLY has a hate on for Snipers this time around. Thats all Im gonna say and maybe the beta and final version will balance what is severely UNbalanced right now.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old August 2, 2011, 11:26 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I agree on the sniper hate. Maybe it'll be a bit better with bigger maps. I usually love playing recon, but I found I could do better with assault at long range.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old August 2, 2011, 03:36 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Well, I got the invite but I missed the alpha because I was over my bandwidth limit for the month.

Like MoH? Like a pretty CoD? Horrible.

Recon getting nerfed is great though!
Old August 2, 2011, 03:47 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I don't think it's like either of those games. People just be hatin, cause it's not a copy/paste of BF2
Old August 2, 2011, 04:17 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

How did you feel about the game?

From the videos it looks like BC2 with better graphics and prone. Obviously there will be larger maps and a wider selection of vehicles, which will change the dynamics quite a bit. To be honest though, I really like the feel of BC2. So if they maintain that feel and just add prone, bigger maps, and more vehicles, I'm happy.
Old August 2, 2011, 04:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I thought it was more like BC2 than BF2. But again, that's rush mode. Rush mode is very confined and not like conquest with 10 bases. There was no squad play, but there was also no in game voice chat or anything you could do with squads really. BC2 also had poor squad play. BF2 was the last game with squads that mattered.
Old August 2, 2011, 07:31 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

I think hating on it because it's not like BF2 is retarded. It was one alpha map, with one vehicle, and it was rush, not conquest.

I'm pretty sure when we have 64 players on a map with tanks, jets, helicopters etc, it will feel quite a bit like bf2, and you'll love it.

As for snipers, i actually really enjoyed playing as a sniper, i felt the starting sniper was very good for the map at least.

Graphics were ugly to me, but it's just alpha, hopefully beta will be much improved.
Asus p6x58d-e / i7 930 @ 4ghz / G.skill 1600mhz 2x3gb 9-9-9-24 / Corsair TX750 / XFX HD 6850 1GB x2 @ 870/1070/ Coolermaster HAF 932 / Noctua nh12-up / Western Digital 500g Caviar black /Western Digital 1TB Caviar black 60Gb/ Seagate 7200.11 500g / OCZ Vertex 3 SSD / Samsung 2253BW / G5 / MX518 /

Old August 2, 2011, 07:45 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

The only thing I found ugly was some of the textures, which I'm sure are lower res place holder textures. Trees, bushes and the sandbags were pretty bad i noticed. Oh and those invisible walls, I found out were actually fallen trees that the server miscalculated as to where it fell or something? And Squad Spawning. Yeah, that didn't work.

As for Sniping, I felt there was waaay too much scope sway. You were better off taking the ak74 and using that to snipe. They should also add some sway to the 4x and 6x scopes which I didn't notice. Since they didn't have controls listed anywhere in game I found out after alpha was over that you could hold shift to steady scope lul. I wish I would've unlocked the SV98 and tried that out for a while since I prefer using bolt action rifles opposed to the semi auto like SVU you start out with.
Old August 2, 2011, 07:47 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Yeah playing sniper is great...except for the damn flash light effect (srsly...what is this Company Of Hereos or something?) that gives away your position and no gillie (whats next...mandatory laser attachements so that its a big red line pointing back to you? Dice needs to stop going full retard and make it a RECON class not a sniper...and doing what they are doing...aint gonna help...this is prolly why it felt more CoD)...oh and lets not forget about the Q spammers that light up the ENITRE damn map (thanks to 3P spotting)...even if they are behind a rock. /ugh

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr