Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 27, 2011, 09:09 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Ugh. Have a GTX 580. whql drivers arent supported errors out and state it needs at least .39....Latest beta .50 isnt supported either and errors out. WTF? I need to track down .39? Ugh. Hope NV and EA get their act together soon.

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr
Old July 28, 2011, 12:05 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

AkG just press OK, it should work after that.

Also, BF3 runs perfectly on my machine, even better then BC2 does.

Specs:

Phenom II x4 940 @ 3.6ghz
4GB DDR2 RAM
BFG GTS250 1GB

gaming on 1680x1050, im getting around 40-50FPS at high settings, where as in BC2 id get around 20 average.
Old July 28, 2011, 12:43 AM
Top Prospect

Received my alpha earlier played a bit and I have to say I'm not exactly blown away. I don't see where any of the destruction occurs besides the ground, shooting brick walls didn't do anything. Metro is already getting boring, would help if the games I were in would get passed the train area.

Game doesn't run as well as I would have liked there is definitely some slow down even on low settings, I suppose I'll have to upgrade soon.

Intel i5 2500K | Corsair H50 | Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H | 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600Mhz | R9 270X | Antec Gamer 900W
Kingston 64GB V100 - WD Black 500GB - WD Green 1.5TB | CM HAF 922 | Asus VW246H
| Logitech G15 v2 | Logitech G9x
| Logitech G930
Old July 28, 2011, 01:19 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Remember it is alpha, it isnt even beta yet.
Not so sure moving the settings does much, going from med to high showed little difference by eye for me on my 6970.

Battlelog sux IMO, I would prefer to do this ingame but then again I need time to adjust it could be a good thing since the game doesnt start until you want it to.

Sound is simply amazing IMO
Didnt play much mind you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old July 28, 2011, 01:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Graphics Driver - GeForce 280.19 Driver - GeForce
280 drivers are out, update and see if it helps with BF3.
Old July 28, 2011, 08:19 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

i played it a little bit last night, and it was pretty fun. It feels very similar to #2, but I didn't figure out the controls 100%. I will try it again tonight.

I think i was invited to beta because I bought the new medal of honor game last year (even though i played it for about 20 mins lol) and it had an insert for a sneak play of BFBC3.

On a side note, Origin is new. I like steam better, but it's not bad for a beta version.
Old July 28, 2011, 01:48 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It's not beta, it's alpha. Played for a couple hours last night. Definately doesn't have as much of a run and gun feel like you could do in Bad Company 2 which is I think due to prone being available. I was running into some invisible walls randomly, don't know what was going on there. I'm sure that will be fixed in the full version. They haven't included ping into the in-game score screen AGAIN (did this in BC2 and patched it in later). There's also no chat between rounds which is dumb, since this is when you would actually be able to text chat instead of while playing. I found out all attachments need to be unlocked for every gun individually. The LAV seems to have a more natural feel when driving it.

I haven't seen much destruction in this map, it seems as though walls are harder to destroy than in BC. I do like how when an explosions goes off you can see the shockwave in the vegetation (trees, bushes) around the explosions. COOLNESS FACTOR +10. Also agreed that it is tough for the attackers to get the second crates, I've only been past them once or twice. I have to wonder how this map will play with double the amount of players.
Old July 28, 2011, 02:11 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post

I haven't seen much destruction in this map, it seems as though walls are harder to destroy than in BC.
From what I read, destruction is mostly disabled in the Alpha.

Some thoughts of an alpha-tester taken from BF3blog (not going to copy/paste all of them, but some highlights:

Feels more like Battlefield 2 than Bad Company 2. The pace is a bit quicker than in BF2, but it appears it’s because of the map and the Rush mode.

3D spotting has been revised. It feels like you need to be more accurate when spotting enemies than in Bad Company 2.

Hit detection feels much better than in Bad Company 2.

Just as crisp and lifelike as in other Battlefield games. It sounds more realistic in BF3, kinda like “war tapes” in Bad Company 2.

There was only one vehicle, the LAV-25 APC. Controls felt like Bad Company 2, but the cannon firing and sounds were much more realistic, as if you’re in a real APC.

Animations are way ahead of Bad Company 2 or any other FPS.

The lighting is amazing, both in doors and outdoors. Also, you can only shoot out some of the interior lights, not all.

Full article here:
Battlefield 3 Alpha impressions - Battlefield 3
Old July 28, 2011, 02:42 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

guys, there is NDA in effect, you are breaking NDA talking about it, thus also probably breaking HWC rules.

Old July 28, 2011, 03:00 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technokat View Post
guys, there is NDA in effect, you are breaking NDA talking about it, thus also probably breaking HWC rules.
Note that those aren't my impressions - I don't have access to the Alpha.
They're from someone who is in the alpha and provided them to that site I linked to.