Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 9, 2011, 05:06 PM
Rookie

I'm more pumped waiting for deux ex and skyrim. Don't get me wrong this game looks amazing... but it looks exactly the same. Deus Ex is one shooter that has decisions etc. I just wonder how long it will be.

Bad Company 2 was the last game i played, it was fun but... yeah single player was brutal and multiplayer only interests me SO much.
Old June 9, 2011, 05:20 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by boris_37 View Post
I'm more pumped waiting for deux ex and skyrim. Don't get me wrong this game looks amazing... but it looks exactly the same. Deus Ex is one shooter that has decisions etc. I just wonder how long it will be.

Bad Company 2 was the last game i played, it was fun but... yeah single player was brutal and multiplayer only interests me SO much.
IMO BF is all about MP, did BF2 and 2142 even have a SP?

Deus Ex looks to be awesome too but totally different game types IMO. But then again I doubt I will spend much or even any time playing the SP in BF3, straight to MP for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 10, 2011, 05:29 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Bad Company 2 had a horrible single player, I couldn't be bothered to play through it. I typically like games that have a decent story line (helps to train you to the game mechanics if you're new to the series) though this well fell on its ass. Its the first Shooter that i've been disappointed by the single player but ended up immersing myself deeply into the multiplayer. I'm still hopping for a good/decent storyline for BF3 and some great multiplayer action.
Old June 10, 2011, 05:35 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Bad Company 2 had a horrible single player, I couldn't be bothered to play through it. I typically like games that have a decent story line (helps to train you to the game mechanics if you're new to the series) though this well fell on its ass. Its the first Shooter that i've been disappointed by the single player but ended up immersing myself deeply into the multiplayer. I'm still hopping for a good/decent storyline for BF3 and some great multiplayer action.
I wouldn't say the single player was "horrible", but it did try too hard to recreate that "bunch of ragtag soldiers who don't give a ****" feeling that the first BC had, and the story material took itself was "way" too serious for how unserious the squad was.
Old June 10, 2011, 05:49 AM
Banned

BF2 single player is more a training than a game. I think it's just there to introduce the player to the MP game.
Old June 10, 2011, 05:58 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Battlefield was never about the single player. Ever. 1942, BF2, and 2142, Single Player was just an offline skirmish mode against bots. Bad Company was the first to have a legitimate single player, but the focus was still multiplayer. I fully expect BF3 to have a mediocre single player, because quite frankly it doesn't need it to be good.

Edit: Medal of Honor was EA's token single player war game, Battlefield was the multiplayer war game.
Old June 10, 2011, 11:11 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Battlefield 3 is expected to have similar system requirements as the previous Battlefield game, Bad Company 2. Battlefiled 3 is powered by the Frostbite 2.0 engine, which is based on the previous Frostbite 1.5, which powered Bad Company 2.

While the Frostbite 2.0 engine has a lot of new features compared to 1.5, it is also more optimized as well, which will most likely result in similar performance and Battlefield 3 system requirements for the PC. Since Battlefield 3 won’t be supporting DirecX 9, it won’t run on Windows XP.
Minimum requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Core 2 Duo @ 2.0GHz
RAM: 2GB
Graphic card: DirectX 10 or 11 compatible Nvidia or AMD ATI card.
Graphics card memory: 512 MB
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version

Recommended system requirements for Battlefield 3

Processor: Quad-core Intel or AMD CPU
RAM: 4GB
Graphics card: DirectX 11 Nvidia or AMD ATI card, GeForce GTX 460, Radeon Radeon HD 6850
Graphics card memory: 1 GB
Hard drive: 15 GB for disc version or 10 GB for digital version
Copied from my clans HP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 10, 2011, 11:28 AM
Banned
F@H

interesting, so it will run 1920 maxed out on a 6850 or 460? :)
Old June 10, 2011, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by _dangtx_ View Post
interesting, so it will run 1920 maxed out on a 6850 or 460? :)
So I should not be worry with a 580 on another forum that I will not quote, they panic and say they will have to wait for the ivy and a 8 cores and tri-sli 580 .....
Old June 10, 2011, 01:04 PM
Banned
F@H

thats...if that were true than..
well the graphics are nice but they want to sell a good number of copies i reckon thus they got to
make it playable on cheap puters like mine and ours lol