Old March 10, 2013, 06:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thanks for this
Old March 10, 2013, 07:19 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

My question is how Battlefield 4 will be? I didn't buy BF Premium nor any of the expansions (except back to Karkand since it was free with Limited Edition.)

They're some things that turned me down compare to the old BF series.
  1. There's always someone hacking or cheating, it's a miracle if I can find a game without one.
  2. Web browser required to look for servers or even start single player is dumb.
  3. Lack of a VoIP service, would be ok, if the previous entries didn't have it, but since they did it's like an inferior version.
  4. The huge map (I forgot the name but it's the one near the Iranian border with 2 jets each side, with a huge radio tower on the far left side of the map.) can be a problem sometimes with the enemy team harrasing the USA base. I should know I was one of them :P

Of course this isn't important but I would like to see some sort of Naval fighting map, some sort of Titan mode from BF2142 but destroy the enemy aircraft carrier instead.
Old March 10, 2013, 07:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

1. They're always someone hacking or cheating in every multiplayer game, even on consoles. This isn't just an issue with BF3. I haven't played in a while but it wasn't as bad as a hacker in EVERY GAME like you say, especially playing on a server with active admins.

2. I actually like the web browser for server browser. I can look for servers or look at mine or my friends stats without having to launch the game. Having to load into a main menu and then into a game doesn't provide any added benefit EXCEPT changing video settings. They need to integrate that into battlelog somehow. There is a program someone created that can change settings without launching the game though. Or you could do it manually in the config file....

3. Although I mostly use a 3rd party voip client anyways, I agree that voice is needed ingame for people that you arent grouped with. The only way to do that now is to type in the chat box or get them to join in on your 3rd party voip client! Terrible.

4. Base rape was always a problem in any BF.

If they want to impress me with Battlefield 4 they're going to need much bigger maps, higher max player count, higher amount of destructability - I want houses toppling down like in BC2, MOD TOOLS (seriously why not include this, more people will buy the base game, more chance to buy the DLC they put out and if you're playing it more because of mods you might be tempted to spend on DLC too), a battle recorder or spectate mode LIKE THEY SAID WOULD BE IN BF3 - This will increase the amount of livestreaming capabilities for spectating matches and also creating video content which would help promote sales of them game even (SRSLY WHY DONT THEY INCLUDE THIS STUFF) and better campaign - BF3 Campaign sucked compared to the BC games'. I think I'll stop there as that was one long sentence but I'm sure there's more I could come up with.

Hopefully with new consoles coming out later this year or early next year some of that gets implemented.
Old March 11, 2013, 09:55 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraCorp View Post
  1. There's always someone hacking or cheating, it's a miracle if I can find a game without one.
I still play almost daily and I feel confident saying you're out for lunch on that one.
As a matter of fact, I don't even remember the last time I came across a cheater.
Old March 11, 2013, 09:57 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Last time I played was when Armored Kill came out, and out of 5 matches all 5 of them had 1 who used a 3rd party tool. Mostly Aimbots.
Old March 11, 2013, 10:32 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinraCorp View Post
My question is how Battlefield 4 will be? I didn't buy BF Premium nor any of the expansions (except back to Karkand since it was free with Limited Edition.)

They're some things that turned me down compare to the old BF series.
  2. Web browser required to look for servers or even start single player is dumb.
  3. Lack of a VoIP service, would be ok, if the previous entries didn't have it, but since they did it's like an inferior version.
  4. The huge map (I forgot the name but it's the one near the Iranian border with 2 jets each side, with a huge radio tower on the far left side of the map.) can be a problem sometimes with the enemy team harrasing the USA base. I should know I was one of them :P

Of course this isn't important but I would like to see some sort of Naval fighting map, some sort of Titan mode from BF2142 but destroy the enemy aircraft carrier instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
1. They're always someone hacking or cheating in every multiplayer game, even on consoles. This isn't just an issue with BF3. I haven't played in a while but it wasn't as bad as a hacker in EVERY GAME like you say, especially playing on a server with active admins.

2. I actually like the web browser for server browser. I can look for servers or look at mine or my friends stats without having to launch the game. Having to load into a main menu and then into a game doesn't provide any added benefit EXCEPT changing video settings. They need to integrate that into battlelog somehow. There is a program someone created that can change settings without launching the game though. Or you could do it manually in the config file....

3. Although I mostly use a 3rd party voip client anyways, I agree that voice is needed ingame for people that you arent grouped with. The only way to do that now is to type in the chat box or get them to join in on your 3rd party voip client! Terrible.

4. Base rape was always a problem in any BF.

If they want to impress me with Battlefield 4 they're going to need much bigger maps, higher max player count, higher amount of destructability - I want houses toppling down like in BC2, MOD TOOLS (seriously why not include this, more people will buy the base game, more chance to buy the DLC they put out and if you're playing it more because of mods you might be tempted to spend on DLC too), a battle recorder or spectate mode LIKE THEY SAID WOULD BE IN BF3 - This will increase the amount of livestreaming capabilities for spectating matches and also creating video content which would help promote sales of them game even (SRSLY WHY DONT THEY INCLUDE THIS STUFF) and better campaign - BF3 Campaign sucked compared to the BC games'. I think I'll stop there as that was one long sentence but I'm sure there's more I could come up with.

Hopefully with new consoles coming out later this year or early next year some of that gets implemented.
1. I don't let the hackers bother me. Honestly, I don't notice it all that much.

2. I've gotten used to the web browser. I like being able to open a new tab with my stats while having the server screen open in my first tab. I can also open up the assignments in a tab to see what I need to do, this determines the kind of map that I enter.

3. I agree. BF3 really should have VOIP on each server (one for each team) so that teammates can communicate. I play with a third party VOIP system, but that only works for those of us that are on the same channel in the same game. And even then, Me and my friends often end up on opposing teams.

4. You mean Caspian Border. Base Rape is just as prevalent on both side of the map. I've been baseraped many times in both bases. Same thing on most of the other maps. Some games just end up being completely one sided. I agree, it's not nearly as fun as a balanced game where flags change hands many, many times. Even when you're on the winning side in a one-sided game, it's not as fun, as you just sit outside the base in a tank shooting at anything that moves, and you can't get any points for caps.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old March 11, 2013, 11:27 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
If they want to impress me with Battlefield 4 they're going to need ... MOD TOOLS... battle recorder or spectate mode ...
that was the best part of 2142.

personally, I'm hoping the 2142 sequel is next in line for the franchise.
Old March 12, 2013, 09:14 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Dirt Bikes today!!!!

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old March 13, 2013, 07:15 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Do you have fun with thoses new map ?!

I love them, they are pretty fun and i love that kind of flag conquest!!!
Server system
|I7 3820|Asus P9X79|12G G.Skill 1600Mhz|Noctua NH-D14|Corsair Force 3 120GB|LSI megaRAID 9261 8|RAID5 5X 3TB|Corsair AX650|Fractal Design Arc Midi|

Twitch

Last edited by Alpine; March 13, 2013 at 07:36 AM.
Old March 13, 2013, 07:30 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I really enjoyed Capture the Flag. It's a great game mode!