Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 16, 2011, 04:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Thats the one. LPfan to the rescue! Anything new and interesting in that vid? Can't really watch it cause I'm using some crappy wifi
Old April 16, 2011, 04:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Nope, not really. Just the three videos already released in one, with a bit more thrown in between.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old April 16, 2011, 04:48 PM
Allstar
F@H

The explosion of the hotel building with the sniper in it sure looks less dramatic in this 12 minute long video, than the other shorter video of the level.

Q9550 E0 stepping @ 4Ghz
Gigabyte EP45 UD3P
G.Skill pc2 8500 1066mhz RAM
Corsair TX750 Watt Power Supply
Western Digital 500gb and Seagate 500gb in RAID 0
Western Digital 250gb
Antec 1200
OCZ Vendetta 2 LGA 775 CPU cooler with bolt thru kit
XFX HD5970
Steelseries 7G Mechanical Keyboard
Samsung 305T 30 Inch 2560x1600 LCD monitor
Altec Lansing 5.1 Surround Speakers, Sennheiser HD215's, G35's
Steelseries Xai Laser Mouse
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Old May 27, 2011, 05:11 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

cool vid of behind the scenes and some exclusive footage of bf3 and the frostbite 2 engine. i can't wait for the new karkand its looks awesome YouTube - &#x202a;PWNED - PWNED #7 | Battlefield 3 Special&#x202c;&rlm;
Old May 28, 2011, 01:12 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmac79 View Post
cool vid of behind the scenes and some exclusive footage of bf3 and the frostbite 2 engine. i can't wait for the new karkand its looks awesome YouTube - &#x202a;PWNED - PWNED #7 | Battlefield 3 Special&#x202c;&rlm;
Outstanding video. You can tell some of these DICE employees love what they do.
Old June 3, 2011, 10:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default EA Launching Download Service 'Origin' Today

Quote:
According to The Wall Street Journal, EA is launching a Steam like service tomorrow called Origin. On launch, 150 games will be available for purchase and will have strong social networking integration. Additionally players will be able to perform actions on on mobile platforms and have it affect the full version of the game. An example of this is mentioned in the article saying you could earn experience in "Battlefield" by playing a mobile version of the game. This could be a hypothetical situation since Battlefield 3 was not specially mentioned, just simply "Battlefield".

GameSpot

Though Electronic Arts' Electronic Entertainment Expo press conference isn't until Monday at 12:30 p.m. PDT, the Wall Street Journal has pre-empted a major announcement by the megapublisher. The financial daily is reporting that EA is planning to soon unveil Origin, a new PC game-download service along the lines of Valve Software's Steam. The name appears unrelated to Origin Systems, the Ultima and Wing Commander developer EA bought in 1992 and then closed in 2004.

EA plans to greatly expand its digital download retail offerings with its Origin service.

According to the Journal, Origin will function like Steam, insofar that it will let gamers directly purchase, download, and organize PC titles. The service will start out with a catalog over 150 offerings when it launches, and will be the sole online purveyor of Star Wars: The Old Republic when that game goes online (presumably) later this year. The publisher is reportedly hoping the exclusive availability of the eagerly awaited sci-fi massively multiplayer online role-playing game will boost the nascent service's popularity.

Like Activision's just-announced Call of Duty: Elite service, Origin will also reportedly have a strong social networking element that will allow players to communicate about their game experiences across a variety of devices via a single profile. Also like Elite, Origin will reportedly let players perform actions on mobile or other platforms that affect full-fledged games. David DeMartini, EA's senior vice president of global online, gave the example of a sharp-shooting "Battlefield" minigame on a mobile phone yielding points that could be used in the regular version of a Battlefield game. (Curiously, the full-fledged platform mentioned was the Xbox 360, not the PC.)

1UP

Beyond the social aspects of what Origin will offer, a possible scenario is mentioned where you can earn experience in Battlefield 3 by playing a mobile version of the game. This is said to be only a hypothetical (it's "Battlefield," not BF3 specifically, that's referred to). However, one has to wonder if EA isn't planning on doing exactly that with BF3 and Mass Effect 3; both games had handheld/mobile versions listed on an EA release calendar last month, so maybe we'll be seeing that sort of connectivity before long.
Hmmm with this release I am wondering if BF3 will even get released on steam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3.0charlie View Post
My knuckles are bleeding from fishing through walls a new CAT6 network cable... I found fresh, untapped electrical outlets...
"It's all in the Reflexes"-Jack Burton
Old June 4, 2011, 01:08 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supergrover View Post
Hmmm with this release I am wondering if BF3 will even get released on steam?
Doesn't matter, I already bought it 25% off from D2D
Old June 4, 2011, 01:44 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by headsh0t View Post
Doesn't matter, I already bought it 25% off from D2D
I would imagine if D2D has it so will steam.
Old June 4, 2011, 06:15 AM
Hall Of Fame

The only game it mentions that service will have exclusively, temporarily at least, is Star Wars: the Old Republic. For PC gaming supposedly being dead or close to there sure is a lot of sudden interest in digital distribution for the PC.
Old June 6, 2011, 09:56 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Battlefield 3 - Have you guys seen this yet?

Watch it in 1080p - Unreal

YouTube - &#x202a;Battlefield 3: Thunder Run Tank Gameplay Trailer (E3)&#x202c;&rlm;