Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 25, 2011, 02:19 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
just FYI this website is much better than the one you posted.

PC - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Stats
No it isn't. At least not for updating stats. That's the one I linked to on page 10. 12 freaking hours to refresh. 12 HOURS!

Though it does offer a good selection of user made sigs and a little more detail, I'd rather my stats were updated in a reasonable amount of time.
Old March 25, 2011, 10:52 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
No it isn't. At least not for updating stats. That's the one I linked to on page 10. 12 freaking hours to refresh. 12 HOURS!

Though it does offer a good selection of user made sigs and a little more detail, I'd rather my stats were updated in a reasonable amount of time.
wow, sorry i just notice that. When I used it several months ago it was much faster and queue was only 1000 and you could usually get in
Old March 25, 2011, 03:15 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

When I started using it the queue was only 500.
Old March 30, 2011, 10:54 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

YouTube - Battlefield 3 Fault Line Gameplay Trailer Episode III: Get that Wire Cut
Old March 30, 2011, 01:37 PM
Allstar

Just WOW... Cant wait.
Old March 30, 2011, 01:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

It... looks like the SP of BC2 and the CoD games.. *shrug*

Ghost Recon FTW!
Old March 30, 2011, 02:59 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacJunky View Post
It... looks like the most epic FPS SP I've ever seen! *shrug*

Ghost Recon FTL!
FTFY.
Old March 30, 2011, 03:23 PM
Allstar

Quote:
It... looks like the SP of BC2 and the CoD games.. *shrug*

Ghost Recon FTW!
FOr Real....?
I own all COD and All BF...

Not 1 looks this good... NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Macjunky, Are you running a Good enough rig to turn the settings up?
Old March 30, 2011, 03:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I am not talking about the graphics, and my rig specs are listed at the top right of my posts.
I am talking about the gameplay, the AI.. This is the twenty-tens, can you do something as simple as suppress the enemy with fire? Not in BC2's sp, they just stand there. Can they shoot you in the face and kill you from even 300m with only a few rounds? HawNo, unless they have a sniper rifle. Are there too many drama setpieces? YES.

Ghost Recon&ARMA.
FTW.

*Edit
The thing about Battlefield, is that it is supposed to be this big epic battlefield with a bunch of faceless soldiers. At least that is what I expect from it. Once you start adding a "hero" and turning it into a movie it all goes to shit.
We saw this with Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six, at first it was "Ok, so there are badguys here, here and here, you need to blow this up over there.. and go get this dude, his plane crashed and we like him. Do these in any order you want and however you like. Also, here are a bunch of random people for you to poke though and figure a team from and chose weapons and stuff."
But then when advanced warfighter (and later rainbow games) came along they had a hero and it was just a non-stop fully linear rollercoaster of popup badguys and drama.
To be fair, doing custom coop missions in GRAW is still fun, and R6 Vegas can also be fun doing coop mission or terroristhunt with friends.

At least with ARMA, while there is a hero, the missions are not linear corridors of popup baddies. It has maaaaaaaassive environments for you to play in and attack a situation how you like.

Last edited by MacJunky; March 30, 2011 at 04:14 PM.
Old March 30, 2011, 04:12 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
I am not talking about the graphics, and my rig specs are listed at the top right of my posts.
I am talking about the gameplay, the AI.. This is the twenty-tens, can you do something as simple as suppress the enemy with fire? Not in BC2's sp, they just stand there. Can they shoot you in the face and kill you from even 300m with only a few rounds? HawNo, unless they have a sniper rifle. Are there too many drama setpieces? YES.

Ghost Recon&ARMA.
FTW.
I completely understand what your saying however want to make 2 points..1 the game us prealpha so regardless of videos and what not its still challenging to get the just of graphics and game play 2 the game play even if it isn't as realistic as arma or ghost recon the cod and battlefield have pleased millions of users so really its two different audiences it may not be yours 100% but will still be a record seller for dice I'm sure ....and if that sounds rude it wasn't meant to...cheers