Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 6, 2012, 01:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarJ View Post
It's funny, I spent hundreds of hours playing BF2, but I spend more time playing solo RPG's rather than BF3 these days.
BC2 is a better designed game. At least in my opinion, I think it's obvious.
Old June 6, 2012, 05:41 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Anyone else pissed at BF Premium?

I mean we all payed $50 to buy the dam game and now they want another $50 to get everything. Stop calling these expansions. Last time I check expansions had more than 4 maps and 2-3 new vehicles

All this reminds me of is COD elite. Sure people are saying that COD elite is a subscription but both are f-ing $50 a year as you bet next year there will be BF4/BC3 premium. This pisses me off. This is coming from a guy that put probably 2000 hours into the battlefield series so far and owns all of them. If EA continues this path BF3 will be my last battlefield game. I will spend my money on better companies. Besides BF3 is not a true successor to BF2. I would still play BF2 over BF3 but the controls suck compared to BF3...

Also people that already bought B2K are shafted as we don't get a discount. I would probably pay $30 for this but this is retarded. I mean they are almost charging $5 per map.

Another angry rant of mine is lack of mod/ mod support. The thing that made the Battlefield series so great were the mods. I remember playing Battlefield 1942 for so long because of the like 10 total conversion mods or playing 100's of awesome user made maps. EA has locked this game tight.

Argh Planetside 2 come out sooner.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old June 6, 2012, 05:44 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post

I mean we all payed $50 to buy the dam game and now they want another $50 to get everything. Stop calling these expansions. Last time I check expansions had more than 4 maps and 2-3 new vehicles

All this reminds me of is COD elite. Sure people are saying that COD elite is a subscription but both are f-ing $50 a year as you bet next year there will be BF4/BC3 premium. This pisses me off. This is coming from a guy that put probably 2000 hours into the battlefield series so far and owns all of them. If EA continues this path BF3 will be my last battlefield game. I will spend my money on better companies. Besides BF3 is not a true successor to BF2. I would still play BF2 over BF3 but the controls suck compared to BF3...

Also people that already bought B2K are shafted as we don't get a discount. I would probably pay $30 for this but this is retarded. I mean they are almost charging $5 per map.

Another angry rant of mine is lack of mod/ mod support. The thing that made the Battlefield series so great were the mods. I remember playing Battlefield 1942 for so long because of the like 10 total conversion mods or playing 100's of awesome user made maps. EA has locked this game tight.

Welcome to the World of EA, the destroyer of franchises and the milker of money. They are essentially taking the same business model that CoD is going with, seeing how successful it has been (profit wise) they probably pushed DICE to do the same thing.
Old June 6, 2012, 07:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

honestly the premium don't bother me at all..i would have bought allthe map packs separetly anyway. this just saves me a cpl bux. even tho i already got b2k im still savin a few bones plus u get to play it a lil earlier then the rest.Its the way games are going these days,might as well get used to it or stop playing imo.With all the complaints out there i still love this game better then any of the bf series and i to have been playing since the begining with 1942.
Old June 7, 2012, 12:02 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

I won't be buying premium and I'll be uninstalling BF3 sooner rather than later. Just remember when DICE said, "We'll never charge for Battlefield maps."
Old June 7, 2012, 12:12 AM
Hall Of Fame

it's too bad EA runs the show, and not DICE.
Old June 7, 2012, 05:05 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by YukonTrooper View Post
BC2 is a better designed game. At least in my opinion, I think it's obvious.
I'd have to agree with you on that too, I probably ended up playing more BC2 then I did BF3, longer too as well.
Old June 7, 2012, 04:09 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

One more problem I have with modern war is that it is terribly unbalanced towards offense. That's why I love ww2 FPS's as tank battles are much more fun not having to worry about 20 different things that can kill you easily. Same goes with air combat.

BF2 wasn't as bad as that game you didn't have as many weapons killing every vehicle and the anti armour infantry didn't have that good of a gun so less people picked it. In BF3 I can argue engineer's have some of the best weapons so long as you are not fighting across the map. So pretty much 1/2 the people play engineer. So unless you have a buddy or two repairing you tank you won't survive very long. Then you bring helicopters and jets and a tanks survival rate tanks

This would greatly help if there were more variety in maps. Like why wasnt there a tank map to begin with? Or a large air combat map?

That's where BC2 did better. The game was more balanced as tanks now were powerful.

Now I have to buy $15 map packs to get what I would call maps that should have been in the game in the first place.

Another thing to rant. BF3 seems like its maps are balanced for 32 players as with 64 players the maps are far too small and it is just chaos with almost no tactical combat. BF2 actually had large enough maps for great infantry battles where you could do actual flankings and such. BF2 also had large tank battles. BF3 you mostly see 1 on 1 and maybe 2 on 2 with the occasional 2 on 3. Gone are the battles with more interesting fights. Not to mention all the tanks were the same so you didnt have to worry if I have the right mods on my tank or not.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
Old June 7, 2012, 05:36 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post

I'm not sure if you can do maths, but you're saving $10 by buying premium if you already have B2K, $25 if you don't.
Old June 7, 2012, 05:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaflyx3 View Post
I'm not sure if you can do maths, but you're saving $10 by buying premium if you already have B2K, $25 if you don't.
Ya I am very capable of that. My problem is that it is still a rip off. You may "save" money but you are still paying double for the game and only getting a small amount added. What if you buy premium and you don't like half the maps? No I will not buy premium and I will not buy the next battlefield unless things change. EA made BF3 a money vacuum just like COD.

Thankfully there are plenty of other shooters and plenty of other genres.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum