Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 29, 2012, 12:27 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Just hoping it won't be a Metro style explosive spam fest... If Metro can be really tactical and enjoyable on no-explosives-allowed servers(it is), I bet these maps will be.
Old April 29, 2012, 08:36 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

gonna have to take back my lil sniper rant haha..im normally a hardcore player...since it was introduced in cod4,always preferred hc also in bc2 so when bf3 dropped it was a given i was gonna be playin hc.So i decided to play normal for a bit a cpl nights ago and i gotta say the snipers are not around even half as much as they are in hc.normal moe for me from now on lol
Old April 30, 2012, 05:45 PM
MVP

My System Specs

I don't like the destroy mcom games in BF3 so far, they were way better in BC2 were at least it wasn't a constant frag/rocket fest

Quote:
Is it me or is it just harder to pick up kits on the fly. 2142 and BC2 it was a breeze, BF3 I find I gotta stop drop and roll around a little bit.
it takes longer which is bad a lot of times, smae when retrieving equipment, and then it also changes clip since same button R used

I like the game, but another crappy thing is the driving mechanics, its way better in BC2, driving over rough ground makes the vehicles so jumpy its ridculous, also they need a park brake, they slide everywhere when trying to park on any kind of a hill I find..........tanks doing a 360 so easy is foolish, the big lag when knocking down a wall, the big lag when trying to suicide car bomb........

Last edited by TedShackley; April 30, 2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old May 2, 2012, 10:43 PM
Top Prospect

anyone working on unlocking all the scopes for all the guns?

Started doing recon now, it's going to be such a PAIN. Mk11 and SVD are so bad now.

/rant
Old May 3, 2012, 12:41 AM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabasko View Post
anyone working on unlocking all the scopes for all the guns?

Started doing recon now, it's going to be such a PAIN. Mk11 and SVD are so bad now.

/rant
Why bother unlocking accessories for guns you'll never use anyway...
About the recon rifles - It's probably because with the semi auto you (almost every one lol) tend to spam the trigger to much and the post patch recoil makes your shots way off... Every gun has it's way and style of use, try and you'll eventually get around it. Suppression is a bitch now, hate it, especially when sniping. Use cover - line up your sights, pop out, take the shot(s), pop back in again. It's absolutely useless trying so snipe when suppressed.
Good luck mate
Old May 3, 2012, 08:17 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Because at range unless you head shot or your target is low on health it is not a kill. The target can be under cover before you reload. It is a waste compaired to the semi auto. You should get a one shot kill or stun so you get a 2nd chance.
Old May 3, 2012, 11:40 AM
Allstar

They dont often live after i shoot them with the m98.
I tryed the dart today for the first time... I suck with it, So it goes back in the gun case for good.
Pump shotty with a slug is just funny.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:44 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromey View Post
They dont often live after i shoot them with the m98.
Hehe. I'm in love with that rifle. M98B & ACOG FTW 3946 kills and counting.
Old May 3, 2012, 12:54 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Okay, this one isn't as funny as some of the others, but it's still true nonetheless.

[youtube]Z_J04GRYfBQ[/youtube]

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Coolermaster GeminII; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI R7-260X; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 1TB WD Green, 2x 2TB WD Green; PC P&C 750W PS; Fractal Design Node 605;
Son's Rig: M5A97; 1055T; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; ASUS GTX650Ti Boost; 80GB Intel 520 SSD; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old May 3, 2012, 10:19 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT7R View Post
Why bother unlocking accessories for guns you'll never use anyway...
About the recon rifles - It's probably because with the semi auto you (almost every one lol) tend to spam the trigger to much and the post patch recoil makes your shots way off... Every gun has it's way and style of use, try and you'll eventually get around it. Suppression is a bitch now, hate it, especially when sniping. Use cover - line up your sights, pop out, take the shot(s), pop back in again. It's absolutely useless trying so snipe when suppressed.
Good luck mate
No reason, I'm just OCD like that.

I completed the 3 other classes, and you learn about the guns, but then the patch changed a lot.

As other people have mentionned, the MK11 is pretty much useless because at any medium-long distance, people will just run for cover after your first shot. And medium range, any assault rifle is better. The time you have to wait between shots, prolly around .75 secs, is way too long for the gun to be useful. I just find myself saying "if i had pretty much any other gun this would've gone the other way" when i get killed. lol