Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23, 2011, 10:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

KD does not mean much as long as you have decent points per minute, if you are the first one in to disarm and re-arm charges, you will no doubt be killed a lot, this is ok as long as you are aiding the objective. I used to be obsessed with my KD and spent a good while getting it to 1.38 BUT you find yourself playing to cautiously and it is boring, plus your score per minute drops, get in there and learn to cope with heavy fire and be fast, the lightweight kit really helps. If you are going medic a lot i strongly recommend the MG36, excellent gun. It's almost too easy as a medic to top the score board, although if all you do is be a spam reviver then your points are meaningless in my book.
Old March 23, 2011, 11:19 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpd1983 View Post
KD does not mean much as long as you have decent points per minute, if you are the first one in to disarm and re-arm charges, you will no doubt be killed a lot, this is ok as long as you are aiding the objective. I used to be obsessed with my KD and spent a good while getting it to 1.38 BUT you find yourself playing to cautiously and it is boring, plus your score per minute drops, get in there and learn to cope with heavy fire and be fast, the lightweight kit really helps. If you are going medic a lot i strongly recommend the MG36, excellent gun. It's almost too easy as a medic to top the score board, although if all you do is be a spam reviver then your points are meaningless in my book.
Exactly right in the case of Rush, but do remember he's playing conquest

MG36 is a great gun, but the red dot may disappear in HC at times. I prefer to use Type 88 for a great iron sight, and the Thompson for quick engagements. My SPM is at 371 right now..used to be a little higher before they introduced the new gigantic maps

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old March 23, 2011, 11:40 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackquelegs View Post
Exactly right in the case of Rush, but do remember he's playing conquest

MG36 is a great gun, but the red dot may disappear in HC at times. I prefer to use Type 88 for a great iron sight, and the Thompson for quick engagements. My SPM is at 371 right now..used to be a little higher before they introduced the new gigantic maps
Very true about the type 88, very good iron sights. That is a good SPM well done, large maps definitely make it harder to get your SPM up, Vietnam on the other hand is so small and fast paced that its so easy to score a lot per minute and its also fun when its fast (nothing worse than being on a squad full of wookies on heavy metal and having to trek for a mile across the open field)

I've been playing HC quite a lot lately as well its pretty good, very easy to kill, especially if you are using any weapon that is silenced, can take down 3 or 4 guys with backs turned as they cant place fire direction.

These days i must admit i am enjoying rush a lot more that conquest, im sure i'll be back to conquest soon it goes in a circle. I do enjoy conquest tho, had a seriously long game the other night and racked up so many nemesis pins and got kicked for hacking?? Wasn't even an epic KD it was about 53/19 Love when people cant hack getting shot its all part of the game

Sorry to go off topic guys, BF3 FTW!
Old March 24, 2011, 02:55 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

No, this is a great discussion! The feedback I've got is cool. I have always enjoyed the HC Conquest more than anything. The reason for the Saiga is my fav map is Oasis. Love the urban warfare. I do change load outs as the need arises. Matter of fact, most of my early scoring was accomplished with the M60. I think I need to find a non-noob server though. Really irks me when I'm forced to go engineer and take out the tank myself...noobs lol.

Anyway, could someone take a look at the history on my stats page and tell me what they think? Please don't laugh too hard. I'm older now and my eyes/reflexes aren't what they used to be.

Edit: I think you guys are right though, I do tend to run around Rambo style too much making me an easier target.

Do anyone have a good formula for brightness/contrast ratio that might help me see enemies easier? Maybe some better colour setting than vanilla? No, not wall hacks or anything. I hate cheats.

I'm using a 52" LG at 1080p. But like I said, I think I need glasses.

Yes, if BF3 turns out to be anything I'll definitely get it.

Last edited by IRQ Conflict; March 24, 2011 at 03:02 AM.
Old March 24, 2011, 05:15 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
No, this is a great discussion! The feedback I've got is cool. I have always enjoyed the HC Conquest more than anything. The reason for the Saiga is my fav map is Oasis. Love the urban warfare. I do change load outs as the need arises. Matter of fact, most of my early scoring was accomplished with the M60. I think I need to find a non-noob server though. Really irks me when I'm forced to go engineer and take out the tank myself...noobs lol.

Anyway, could someone take a look at the history on my stats page and tell me what they think? Please don't laugh too hard. I'm older now and my eyes/reflexes aren't what they used to be.

Edit: I think you guys are right though, I do tend to run around Rambo style too much making me an easier target.

Do anyone have a good formula for brightness/contrast ratio that might help me see enemies easier? Maybe some better color setting than vanilla? No, not wall hacks or anything. I hate cheats.

I'm using a 52" LG at 1080p. But like I said, I think I need glasses.

Yes, if BF3 turns out to be anything I'll definitely get it.
Hey mate, yeah it is a good discussion i always like talking BC2 tactics, sorry i don't have time to write a big reply at the moment but have you seen the stats site called stats verse? you just type in the platform you play on (Pc or xbox) and enter your soldier name Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Stats Verse It is much easier and cleaner to look at if you want to keep an eye on your progress (apologies if you already know about it)

No one is going to laugh at your stats everyone plays differently and stats are for personal competition with your self not for others to laugh at. Long as you're having fun playing and killing dudes at the same time you'll be fine mate :)

I'll reply with brightness/view tips later but have you changed your field of view (FOV) gives you some more side vision and helps you see more of the map/enemy, if not then i will tell you how but if you have then cool :) Chat later - Mike
Old March 24, 2011, 07:32 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Thanks for the Stats verse linky! I didn't know bout this! The site I use was always bogged down and takes 12 hours to update! Kudos!
Old March 24, 2011, 07:48 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
Thanks for the Stats verse linky! I didn't know bout this! The site I use was always bogged down and takes 12 hours to update! Kudos!
No problem, yeah its a good site, the update is usually very fast, around 9-20 seconds usually to get your stats update from the last game you played.

Enjoy :)
Old March 24, 2011, 08:14 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Is there a better selection of signatures? Or just those basic ones? I didn't see any links to others.

Ah! never mind! Found that there is if you sign up! Thanks!

Last edited by IRQ Conflict; March 24, 2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old March 24, 2011, 11:14 PM
Allstar
F@H

My System Specs

just FYI this website is much better than the one you posted.

PC - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Stats
Old March 24, 2011, 11:18 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
just FYI this website is much better than the one you posted.

PC - Battlefield Bad Company 2 Stats

Can't check it out right as im at work but i will look when i get home

If it's better then thanks for the link