Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 20, 2011, 09:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lpfan4ever View Post
The thing about prone in BF3, the map size for BF2 compared to BC2 is insane. A sniper can't cover nearly as much effectively in BF3 as they would in BC2, assuming they keep on with BF2's general map size. There's also usually a bunch of huge buildings in the way of everything from what I remember in BF2.
Or that prone slows down the pace of the gameplay GREATLY, and BC2 was designed for fast paced objective-based combat. There's no point having a bunch of people in prone waiting for people to run by

Zephyranthes
E8400 4.0ghz, XFX 780i, Mushkin XP2 PC-6400, Antec Earthwatts 750W

Old March 22, 2011, 12:22 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmaz View Post
I wish I could, but I keep on getting kicked out by PB :(
If you're running steam,you need to disable in-game steam community. Worked for me.
Old March 22, 2011, 02:56 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I hate PB and wish it would die off. I and a friend of mine both had to reformat just to get PB to work. Both of us called PB support and we both tried everything they said and even everything the Internet said. Eventually I just reformatted as the guy at PB requested that and it works now. So I told my friend to do the same thing and it works for him too now. It was weeks of trouble and many hours before I could play BFBC2 again. I know I am not the only one. Too bad there aren't many alternatives and wished that nobody cheated and that cheating would be against the law with the punishment of getting their PC confiscated and a kick in the balls/ovaries.

On the note of prone I want prone back. Doesn't feel right not having prone. Although my favourite FPS doesn't have prone (CS:S) Battlefield just doesn't feel right without it. Plus BFBC2 feels way too fast. The more I play Bad Company 2 the more I am enjoying Battlefield 2. So BF3 should be awesome. I don't know what it is but I am growing more and more bored of BC2 and playing more and more BF2. BF2 is so much better. It has prone(yes that is a positive). It has the commander/squad leaders. So the commander can call down artillery, drop supplies and vehicles, call in a UAV, sweep the whole map for targets. Plus the commander can give orders to each of the squad leaders and vice versa. The maps are a lot bigger with more variety. 64 players instead of 32. Jets! Far better spotter system. Overall less consolefied.

I don't know if many of you guys feel the same way but BC2 just isn't as good of a game as I used to think it was.

Sponsor a child!
Fight poverty.

Qoute by Perineum
"ID10T. I just BETCHA he's got 9 toolbars on his web browser right now."
Old March 23, 2011, 07:47 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I don't know if many of you guys feel the same way but BC2 just isn't as good of a game as I used to think it was.
I concur. Laggy unsupervised servers full of hackers regardless of PB.

Bugs galore. They still haven't fixed the issue with looking through the scope. Can't count the times I died when I shouldn't have because the moment I looked through the scope it zoomed out on me.

Or how bout rolling the dice (pun intended) when spawning on a team mate who had just let every enemy in site know where he was?

Spawn camping? Almost every match you have those asses who have memorized the spawn points and camp close by, staring at one location looking for a 4:1 K/D ratio.

The issues go on and on. I refused to buy Vietnam because of this. I will not buy Battlefield 3 until EA/DICE prove they are competent and caring enough about those willing to support (not pirate) them not to take their money and run. Flipping them the bird while doing so.
Old March 23, 2011, 07:50 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRQ Conflict View Post
I concur. Laggy unsupervised servers full of hackers regardless of PB.

Bugs galore. They still haven't fixed the issue with looking through the scope. Can't count the times I died when I shouldn't have because the moment I looked through the scope it zoomed out on me.

Or how bout rolling the dice (pun intended) when spawning on a team mate who had just let every enemy in site know where he was?

Spawn camping? Almost every match you have those asses who have memorized the spawn points and camp close by, staring at one location looking for a 4:1 K/D ratio.

The issues go on and on. I refused to buy Vietnam because of this. I will not buy BC3 until EA/DICE prove they are competent and caring enough about those willing to support (not pirate) them not to take their money and run. Flipping them the bird while doing so.
Sounds like skills are needed

Zephyranthes

Old March 23, 2011, 07:52 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

What "Skills" does one need to prevent being spawn killed?
Old March 23, 2011, 08:16 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Don't die

Zephyranthes

Old March 23, 2011, 08:53 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Yes. I could hide in a corner dropping mortars the whole time. That happens a lot. My preferred game mode is conquest. I generally get at least one conquest pin per match with multiple pins on occasion. That means I get the job done unlike a lot of my "team" mates.

Ergo, my KD ratio of ~0.42.

That's another issue I have with this model of online gaming. To many players play conquest as though it is rush. Poor team play and not getting the objective is probably the biggest thing that killing this game.

I play to win and my stats show it. I just wish more people felt that way. K/D Ratio does not =WIN. Contrary to popular belief.
Old March 23, 2011, 09:18 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
K/D Ratio does not =WIN. Contrary to popular belief.
Well, it is hard to win if you are constantly dead. So to some extent you have to stay alive.. and it helps if the other team is constantly dead...

I dunno about you but if during conquest my team is constantly being base-raped that is a good opportunity to make em pay because you always know where they will be! right outside of your base! :P Granted, they know where you are too, but that just means you have to take another route and flank em or even take another route out and capture another area to get em to divide themselves making the push out of your base easier for your team.

Last edited by MacJunky; March 23, 2011 at 09:27 PM.
Old March 23, 2011, 10:32 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Yes. I could hide in a corner dropping mortars the whole time. That happens a lot. My preferred game mode is conquest. I generally get at least one conquest pin per match with multiple pins on occasion. That means I get the job done unlike a lot of my "team" mates.

Ergo, my KD ratio of ~0.42.

That's another issue I have with this model of online gaming. To many players play conquest as though it is rush. Poor team play and not getting the objective is probably the biggest thing that killing this game.

I play to win and my stats show it. I just wish more people felt that way. K/D Ratio does not =WIN. Contrary to popular belief.
That's the excuse for a crappy KD to be honest. Medic should have one of the best K/D ratios next to recon since the healing will keep you alive EASILY. As long as you don't rambo outside like a medicnoob and reviving teammates in the open, you should be fine.

Plus, K/D ratio doesn't just mean win, W/L ratio also means win. Funny enough, you are complaining about the online game while you sport a Saiga (come on), dart and magnum ammo (without sabot rounds there's no point...). Your job as a medic is to provide support for infantry, not be rambo with a saiga.

Plus Conquest maps usually require you to traverse wide open spaces, equipping a saiga is essentially asking for a bullet in the face

Zephyranthes