Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 15, 2011, 05:52 AM
Allstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Eh fed up with the crap on the new maps and some issues that always irked me in the game itself. Uninstalled and not looking back.
Thats too bad, What issues?
Old December 15, 2011, 06:12 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Hit boxes are a big one, as they apparently get bigger the longer you stay in one position, the 7+ conquest points in these new karkand maps, going behind cover that would actually stop a bullet/grenade and still getting killed yet that material remaining intact, the list goes on.
Old December 15, 2011, 07:26 AM
Allstar

I did get killed last night By a tank, It shot the building i was behind, and i died, But no damage to the building.

Strange 1
Old December 15, 2011, 08:12 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

The new maps are horrible.

Decent design but the scale is WAY off. It feels like I'm a giant running around friggen midget town.

Couple that with the fact that it feels like I cannot hit the broad side of a barn anymore, I just don't get it.
I'm with arinoth on this one, something just does not feel right about these maps and DICE's hit registration.

I can't play on anything other than hardcore either. I know my M4A1 isn't the greatest gun, but I have the best luck with it and I KNOW that it didn't take 4-5 shots to take someone down on normal before.

The map size is really getting to me though. None of it feels realistic what-so-ever.
Old December 15, 2011, 08:58 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Hit Boxes have been an issue since they went to the Frostbyte Engine or whatever the hell its called in BF:BC. Not to mention this engine is a multi-port that is used in other things like Car racing games, cross-platform (to Xbox and PS3) and not specific to Shooters. Obviously when you make an engine overly-generic and cross-platform it, you can create issues. All that being said, considering this is BF3 still built on the same underlying code of Frostbye, with updated graphics and updated 'destruction' models, its much the same as Skyrim. The basic coding problems and flaws that plague one game, plague the next.

I refuse to buy Karkland much the same as most DLC...products that should have been included with the original game I wont pay more $ for. This cash-cow isnt giving any more cash.
My Disclaimer to any advice or comment I make;
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroSsFiRe2009 View Post
I'm a self certified whizbang repair technician with 20 years of professional bullshit so I don't know what I'm talking about
Old December 15, 2011, 09:07 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inate8 View Post

I can't play on anything other than hardcore either. I know my M4A1 isn't the greatest gun, but I have the best luck with it and I KNOW that it didn't take 4-5 shots to take someone down on normal before.
It's the same thing with the tank gunnery position. A .50 shouldn't need a headshot to down an opponent.

'jus sayin.
Old December 15, 2011, 09:51 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

I haven't touched the game in over a month due to being absolutely swamped in school and reading all of these posts makes me uneasy...lol.
Old December 15, 2011, 09:57 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Idunno, I like it.

Only thing is, SOFLAM + Javelin on Wake Island is absolutely friggin retarded. Something like 49-11 with just my Javelin.
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old December 15, 2011, 10:36 AM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inate8 View Post
I KNOW that it didn't take 4-5 shots to take someone down on normal before.
Health in normal is and has always been 100.
All the SMG's with the exception of the SCAR (was 34, now 30) have always done 25 damage at close range, so assuming no headshots it's always going to take a minimum of 4 bullets to kill someone at full health when using a SMG.

Maybe you were getting lucky and hitting people who were already hurt?
Old December 15, 2011, 10:46 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, this old timer loves having the old BF2 maps in the game. I know where I'm going all the time now. As for hitbox and other issues, DICE has been pretty good at frequent updates and tweaks so far. Remember how crappy Bad Company 2 was at launch?