Go Back   Hardware Canucks > SOFTWARE > Gaming

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 14, 2011, 03:11 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Still cheaper than what I paid for the limited edition.

HTPC: Z77A-G45; 3770K; Zalman FX70; 2x4GB Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz; MSI GTX960; 2x 128GB Crucial M4 SSD; 4TB WD Red, 2x 2TB WD Green; Corsair RM650I; Corsair Carbide 600C;
Son's Rig: M5A97; FX8350; CNPS20LQ; 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz; Powercolor 7950; 250GB Crucial MX200; 320GB WD Black HDD; SPI 700W; Bitfenix Shinobi;
Old December 14, 2011, 03:18 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayton View Post
Only other thing kinda sucks is I got it for $30 from ORIGIN sale, and now I need to get Karkland for another 14.99 grr!
When you activate the DLC, make sure you log out of Battlelog and back in, otherwise it says you don't own it yet. My son went through this last night after purchasing it before we figured it out.
Old December 14, 2011, 03:50 PM
F@H

Quote:
Anyway its pissing me off and making me not play it as much as I would normally. Also I hate when people revive you in a gun fight and you just keep dying lol.
You do know that doesn't go against your deaths, on adds to the person's kills. You only register a death when you go to your class select screen (after being dead for 10+ secs)
Old December 14, 2011, 04:04 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
I like the game but its so quick to die in this game everytime i play I'm dead in a few minutes and my kdr is horrid which is strange because in most FPS games I usually have about a 1.5kdr....

Anyway its pissing me off and making me not play it as much as I would normally. Also I hate when people revive you in a gun fight and you just keep dying lol.

Only other thing kinda sucks is I got it for $30 from ORIGIN sale, and now I need to get Karkland for another 14.99 grr!
$30 + $15 is still less than what a lot of people who pre-ordered paid.

In terms of improving your kdr: SLOW DOWN! Check all sides before moving into an open area, and when you get to that area, spend as little time in it as possible before getting to the next piece of cover.

Keep in mind that you don't need to accept revives, so if someone revives you right in the line of fire just choose not to accept the revive.
Old December 14, 2011, 04:06 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
You do know that doesn't go against your deaths, on adds to the person's kills. You only register a death when you go to your class select screen (after being dead for 10+ secs)
I wonder if that's why my mortar kill didn't register last night.
I counter-mortared their mortar guy (was trying to get the 2 mortar kill achievement thingy) but battlelog says I still have 0 kills with it.
Old December 14, 2011, 04:40 PM
F@H

Nope, when you kill someone it counts towards your kill regardless of how many times he's resed. Its just your own death doesn't register as a death until you go to that screen. Evidently he was probably running around trying to not get mortared by yourself.
Old December 14, 2011, 06:30 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arinoth View Post
Nope, when you kill someone it counts towards your kill regardless of how many times he's resed. Its just your own death doesn't register as a death until you go to that screen. Evidently he was probably running around trying to not get mortared by yourself.
I misread your original post then.

Quote:
You do know that doesn't go against your deaths, on adds to the person's kills
I read that as OR adds to the persons kills but I guess you meant ONLY adds to the persons kills.
I know when you get revived your death gets wiped. Had plenty of rounds where I've ended up with scores like 35-2 thanks to medics. Would be like 35-15 otherwise.

Regardless, I got the message in-game saying I killed the guy but stats for mortar still shows zero kills.
Old December 14, 2011, 06:34 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

If you kill a mortar guy with your own mortar, it doesn't count as a mortar kill for some reason. It will just say "*You* KILLED *him*". Not how it should be, "*You* Mortar *Him*".
Code:
<martin_metal_88> I think I am gonna sell my server
<firebane> i will offer pereniums mom
<firebane> slightly used
<Keltron> slightly is an understatement
<LPfan4ever> Who're you kidding...slightly?
<martin_metal_88> peri's mom, slightly used? lol...

Old December 15, 2011, 03:07 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Damn the new (old) maps are well done. Very nice!

Old December 15, 2011, 05:11 AM
F@H

Eh fed up with the crap on the new maps and some issues that always irked me in the game itself. Uninstalled and not looking back.